Search for content in message boards

Phillips - Pittsylvania Co. VA

Phillips - Pittsylvania Co. VA

Posted: 9 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 May 2002 5:58AM GMT
Surnames: Phillips, Buchanan, Sparks
Seeking info, family of Thomas PHILLIPS, born ca 1730/40, married Margaret BUCHANAN, had daughter Susannah Phillips 1762 Pittsylvania Co. VA. Susannah married Josiah SPARKS 1794 Pitts. Co. VA. They went to Union Co. SC, then Jefferson Co. TN, then Adair Co. KY.

Re: Phillips - Pittsylvania Co. VA

Posted: 24 Jul 2002 11:53PM GMT
I show Margaret Buchanan m Thomas Phillips, Daughter is Susanna Phillips m Josiah Sparks, they had at least 5 children, Josiah jr., Truelove, tom, sarah & james. My line comes from Jr side. He married anna Gilkey, 9 children, I can give you several more generations if you like.

John Phillips (View posts)
Posted: 29 Jul 2002 12:47PM GMT
Surnames: Phillips
Janice,

Do you have any information on Thomas' parents and siblings?
I am trying to track down a James Phillips of Va born in approx.1745 and married a Mary MNU. The family moved to Adair Co. KY in about the 1800. James and Mary had eight children Polly (prob. Mary), John, Henry, Thomas H., Elizabeth, Rachael, Abraham and Mildred. I have pretty good info. on the John, Thomas and Henry lines (VA,KY, MO, KS) but have been stuck on their Va and previous roots. Too many John, Thomas and Henry Phillips in VA and KY in the 1700s!

Thanks

John

Posted: 19 Sep 2004 4:55PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jan 2005 4:18PM GMT
Hi

Are you the john phillips I am working with?

Thanks,

Judy Whisler
jdwhisler@juno.com

john phillips (View posts)
Posted: 21 Sep 2004 1:01PM GMT
Judy,

I'm your distant cousin through Squire Boone Phillips, we've communicated a number of times so I might be the John Phillips you're working with - there are allot of us around!

John

Posted: 22 Sep 2004 4:29PM GMT
Edited: 20 Jan 2005 4:18PM GMT
John

I think I just had a senior moment. Right after I released the other e-mail, it hit me that it was you.

I guess I thought I had found a new tie. Excuse my stupiity.

Hope you are okay. If you find any thing new, let me hear from you at my e-mail jdwhisler@juno.com

Thanks,

Cousin Judy

Posted: 7 Mar 2005 9:58PM GMT
David Phillips was residing in Pittsylvania Co., VA when he enlisted in the Rev. War for the 2nd time in 1781. He originally enlisted in 1780 in Guilford Co., NC where he was living at the time. He was born in 1755, Caswell Co., NC. I'm curious if you know of any 'Pittsylvania co.' Phillips were related to Guilford Co. Phillips? I have a hunch he may have been staying with family when he enlisted in pitts. co.

Any help is appreciated, will share what I've found.

Thanks, Amy.

Re: Phillips - Pittsylvania Co. VA + Adair Co. KY

Posted: 23 Apr 2006 3:30AM GMT
Surnames: Phillips, Sparks, Buchanan
John:
Since your July 2002 post on the Phillips list, have you had any success finding your James Phillips, born ca 1745 VA? You said the family moved to Adair Co. KY ca 1800.
My Susannah Phillips (born 1760s Pittsylvania Co. VA) who married Josiah Sparks 1794, moved to Adair Co. KY also. She and Josiah were in Union Co. SC 1800 - 1806, then Jefferson Co. TN 1807 - 1825, then went to Adair Co. KY 1825. Some of their children moved on to MO in late 1830s, but Susannah Phillips Sparks said she was too old to move again. She died in Adair Co. KY ca 1843.
Susannah Phillips' parents were Thomas Phillips and Margaret Buchanan of VA. Thomas Phillips was born ca 1730/40. Is it possible that he could be a brother of your James Phillips?

Posted: 21 Jan 2008 8:15AM GMT
Hello John,

In your previous post you mentioned that a Thomas H. Phillips was the child of James Phillips and Mary MNU.

I have a Thomas Hartwell Phillips in my line. I know very little about him but have been told by another Phillips researcher that he was born about 1790 and died about 1850 in Limestone Co., Alabama. No clue who his wife[s] could have been but I know that he had a son name Thomas Anthony Phillips (b. 10 MAR 1814, VA; d. 18/20 MAR 1885) who married Permelia (Pamela) Coyle on 10 SEP 1855 in Madison Co., AL.

I don't know how reliable it is but I was also told that the parents of Thomas Hartwell Phillips were Anthony (hence his grandson's middle name) Phillips [b. circa 1754] and Lillian Buford [b. circa 1758].

Are we talking about the same Thomas H.? Do any of these Phillips' sound familiar?

Mike
mccollum211@msn.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions