Search for content in message boards

Johnstown, Kilkenny

Johnstown, Kilkenny

Leanne Budia (View posts)
Posted: 13 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Doran
Looking for any info on Doran family. Alfred Patrick DOran born 1837. Parents William Doran & Judith Bowe. Any information appreciated.
Posted: 13 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 30 May 2002 8:33PM GMT
Was wondering if Patrick Doran had a sister named Ellen as I'm the descendant of Ellen Doran who was born in about 1841 in Ireland (don't know what county she was born in).
She married Michael Rowland from Ireland. They came to USA and lived in Ottumwa, Wapello, Iowa. Connection???

Rebecca Moore
Posted: 25 Aug 2001 11:03AM GMT
The only information that I have is that a Patrick Doran was living in County Wexford in Ireland. I also know that he was married to Ann Doyle. They had a son called Daniel who was born in 1857,I also know that Daniel married a Catherine (surname unknown) and they had a son called Thomas who was born in 1900. I am unsure if Patrick had a sister called Ellen as I am having trouble finding any information regarding Patrick. If this information sounds similiar to yours please would it be possible for you to let me know of the information that you have. Maybe we could help each other find the roots that we are looking for.

My e-mail address is The-Observer1@excite.co.uk

Thank you for helping me.

Re: Doran

Posted: 24 Mar 2003 7:46PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jun 2003 8:29PM GMT
Surnames: Doran/Sheenan/
My great grandfather was from ireland his name was patrick b1852, he had three sisters ellen, honora, mary and 3brothers john, james, michael.
. Patrick came to New zealand in about 1875 with his wife. His sister was supposed to come out as well but changed her mind and went to the States I think there may be a connection please let me know

Thanks Carolyn

Posted: 24 Mar 2003 7:51PM GMT
Sorry no sure how these boards work but more info on Ellen doran that I have is as follows Parents are Michael (Michen) Doran born about 1826 Catholic. Mother Ellen (Nellie) Sheenanbirth date unknown Ellen born 7 Nov 1842 Bansha Co. Tipperary Please email me if this is helpful at Callum.M@xtra .co.nz
Thanks

Rebecca Moore (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2003 1:41AM GMT
Here is the info on Ellen Doran and see if it matches what you have. Ellen was born in Ireland in the year of 1841 and she came to the states late 1850's. She married to Michael Rowland/Roland in Iowa in the year of 1861and they lived in Wapello, Iowa til their death. She had a brother named John who was hit and killed by train in Wapello in 1878 He was 52 years old. (not sure if itwas Ellen's brother or father) That's all I have and I have no info on Ellen's parents. Let me know if you have right person. Thanks!

Rebecca

Posted: 25 Mar 2003 7:43AM GMT
Hi Rebecca, sorry does not sound like my Ellen Doran at all I don't know much about her except she went to the states? or Canada on or around 1875 as her brother and his wife took her original passage out to NZ

Thanks anyway will keep digging and see what else I can turn up If you wish to send an email to me direct to Callum.M@xtra.co.nz if I come up with anything in the future will run it by you directly

Carolyn

Rebecca Moore (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2003 2:15PM GMT
No problem. Will contact you after I find new info on Dorans, ok. Thank you!

Re: Johnstown, Kilkenny

Posted: 18 Mar 2009 3:37PM GMT
Hi Leanne
Alfred Patrick Doran is my Great Great Grandfather (I'm guessing he may be yours also) and I too am stuck on finding more info about William Doran and Judith Bowe. Would LOVE to see how you fit into the Doran jigsaw. Briefly, my Mum's (Brenda) maiden name was Doran, her Dad was Brent Doran, his Dad was William Cunningham Doran, and his Dad was Alfred Patrick Doran. Hope to hear from you
per page

Find a board about a specific topic