Search for content in message boards

Clancy Family Reunion

Deborah Jeanette Clancy

Becky Roberts (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Clancy, Rasco
My grandfather is Rawls Neal Rasco son of Deborah Jeanette Clancy and John Bunyan Rasco. I live in Limestone County and have a pretty extensive history on this family.

Clancy Family Reunion

Posted: 3 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 2:33AM GMT
Surnames: CLANCY, GANEY, RUTHERFORD, HICKS, SMITH, WINDOM, JOHNSON, MUNGER, SCOTT, SHORTRIDGE, HEROD, RASCO, POWELL
The Wren Clancy/Janie Powell Family just held its 48th reunion at Groesbeck. They are planning a very large gathering in 2001 for their 50th reunion. They are inviting all of the descendants of Alfred Jobe Clancy and Sarah Elizabeth Ganey to come. The A. J. Clancy family came to TX in 1869 -first to Grimes co then to Limestone co (before the 1880 census). They had 12 children. We are looking for descendants of those children who were:

Mary Elizabeth who m Samuel R. Rutherford
Amelia Melvina who m Lorenzo Bedford Hicks
Frances Jane who m John Franklin Smith
Bartley J who m Sophia Windom
William Daniel who m Adella Belle Johnson, later Ruby Munger
Benjamin Franklin who m Della Scott and Beulah D. Shortridge
Napoleon Bonapart who m Ida S. Smith
Sarah Joanna who m Will J Rutherford
Jefferson James who m Martha P. Herod
Thomas Pinkney who m Hanna Melvina Herod
Deborah Jeanette who m John Bony Rasco
Lorenzo Bedford who m Nancy Janie Powell

If you have heard tales of being kin to the Clancys, let me hear from you. We'll "figure it out." Jane Clancy Debenport

Re: Deborah Jeanette Clancy

Posted: 29 Jul 2002 3:41PM GMT
My g-ggrandfather was David Fort Davis married to Cassandra Rasco. My great father was John Isaac. I am hunting Joshua Tay Lucy's father. Frankie Davis Glenn PS. Did David Fort have a grave or a tombstone? When did he die? Cassandra Davis was buried in Uvalde County, Tx and has a marker on her grave. saying Davis.

Re: Clancy Family Reunion

Posted: 4 Sep 2004 5:34AM GMT
Surnames: Clancy
Yes, I am a Clancy and I am the Granddaughter of William Daniel Clancy. We need to get together and share some Clancy stories!

Posted: 4 Sep 2004 5:36AM GMT
Any info would be greatly appreciated. I am the Granddaugher of William Daniel Clancy, Aunt Debbie's brother. I am also named after Aunt Debbie as my name is Deborah also.

JaneCDebenport (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2004 1:32PM GMT
Deborah, I am a great granddaughter of William Daniel Clancy. His son Norman was my dad's father. Do you belong to his second family? My dad was very fond of his "young uncles." I was in Bastrop in July, trying to locate Wm Daniel Clancy's grave. We found the cemetery, but evidently the grave location has been lost. I will contact you off-board with other information.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic