Search for content in message boards

Trying to locate my father Newton ''Duke'' Willington ROBINSON born in Hawaii, lived in Canada

Trying to locate my father Newton ''Duke'' Willington ROBINSON born in Hawaii, lived in Canada

Tonja Robinson Lambert (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 1999 3:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Feb 2010 1:55PM GMT
Surnames: Robinson
Hello
I am trying to locate my father, the last time I saw him I was 6...I am now 38. I had heard that he had moved to Canada in the 60's but I do not know where. He was born in Hawaii and was once married to my mother Beverly Smith....If anyone know anything that may help please contact me Thank you

Re: Trying to locate my father- his name is Newton ''Duke'' Willington Robinson

Posted: 16 Jun 2009 8:12PM GMT
Surnames: Willington
Hi, this is quite sad and I feel for you especially as our English family are Willingtons too, but sorry no connection.Maybe you could try one of the television programmes that deal with reuniting lost relatives they always seem to be able to help.Keep trying I am sure you will find an answer.regards Hazel.

Re: Trying to locate my father Newton ''Duke'' Willington ROBINSON born in Hawaii, lived in Canada

Posted: 22 Oct 2012 4:07PM GMT
Edited: 22 Oct 2012 5:35PM GMT
I worked with a Newton,Duke Robinson doing security in Santa Barbara CA in the 1990's I know that he was married several times, lived in Canada at some point and had many adventures. I think he said he had a daughter and a son, possibly by different women over the course of his life. He passes away of a heart attack about 7-8 years ago and due to his military service during a wartime he is buried at a National Cematary in Los Banos CA. I think he was 76 years old at the time. Birhtday was Late Sept early October.

email me if you would like more information, I have photos and some additional stories. johnylompoc (at) gmail.com

Here is the link to the person I knew by that name.

http://www.locategrave.org/l/916050/Wellington-Newton-Robins...

Re: Trying to locate my father Newton ''Duke'' Willington ROBINSON born in Hawaii, lived in Canada

Posted: 7 Jan 2013 11:52PM GMT
Tonja, i found this request while surfing the net. If this reaches you please contact me as I can give you some details. I do have his birth certificate.
Michele

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 1:33AM GMT
From California Marriage Records
March 17th 1966, Los Angeles City
Newton W. Robinson, age 33
Beverly J. Smith, age 27

From California Divorce Records
Newton W. Robinson & Beverly J. Smith
B:1932 B:1936
They were married 1962,(juding by marriage above, could be 66 )Preliminary July 1968
Case #032484

From California Marriage Records,
Los Angeles City
Newton W. Robinson, age 36
Renee M. Godin, age 24
on July 19th, 1969.

Name: Wellington Newton Robinson
Service Info.: PV2 US ARMY KOREA
Birth Date: 22 Oct 1932
Death Date: 15 Sep 2003
Service Start Date: 19 Jan 1953
Interment Date: 16 Oct 2003
Cemetery: San Joaquin Valley National Cemetery
Cemetery Address: 32053 West McCabe Road Gustine, CA 95322
Buried At: Section 1 Site 2046

I notice there are quite a few trees online that match this information, including another surname of Hagen etc.

Attachments:

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 6:42PM GMT
I am Michele and was married to your father in 1969. We did moved to Canada in 1972 but he stayed only two months when he returned to the San Francisco area on his own. His mothers last name was Hagen (she said she was Portugueses/Hawaiian). Dorthy Hagen was windowed when I met her and died about 1970 due to heart disease. I sure I can tell you many things if you email me.
michelemorton12@gmail.com.
Michele

Posted: 17 Jan 2013 2:03AM GMT
Surnames: Robinson
Hi Tonja, It is actually a Baptismal
Certificate that I have. It lists Wellington Newton George Robinson as the child of Wellington Matthew Robinson and Dorothy Claire Cunha born in Honolulu on 21at October 1932, baptized on 4th December 1932 He was baptized at the Sacred Heart Church in Honolulu (Roman Catholic). The sponsors are Anthony F. Caires and Cecilia P. Caires. The name could also be Caines.

Posted: 6 Aug 2013 11:24PM GMT
Think the one I just sent got eliminated!
Hoping you are still there because this is so long ago but I have a lot of information about your family as the "grandfather" of Newton was my great grandmother's brother.
I'm not sure how this works or if you can see my e-mail here. Please e-mail me and I will send you all the information I have. It's a long and complicated story.

Posted: 6 Aug 2013 11:28PM GMT
I too would love to see his birth certificate. Mahalo, Leilani Maguire

Posted: 6 Aug 2013 11:29PM GMT
I too would love to see his birth certificate. Mahalo, Leilani Maguire
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions