Search for content in message boards

Mary and John Tucker

Mary and John Tucker

Posted: 9 Aug 2006 11:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Aug 2006 12:14PM GMT
Surnames: tucker
Mary Tucker and John Tucker were married at Stockland Gaunts (Bristol), Somerset, England in 1791. They had 2 children that I know of, who were born in Devon, England: John Tucker born about 1800 and Philip Tucker born about 1811. I have not been able to locate them. Any and all info greatly appreciated.

Re: Mary and John Tucker

Debbie (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2006 7:52PM GMT
Edited: 15 Sep 2006 8:07PM GMT
Surnames: Tucker, Shambrook
I found this interesting, I am looking for a John Tucker who married a Mary Shambrook both from England...My great great grandmother was their daughter Elizabeth born May 31 1837, her death certificate states she was born in Devonshire England, she died in Ontario Canada..is there any way of finding out if your John and Mary are the same as mine? I am from Ontario Canada and unable to access the census of UK ...any info you can give me would be appreciated. Thanks Debbie

Re: Mary and John Tucker

Jeannie Gibson (View posts)
Posted: 12 Sep 2006 8:14PM GMT
Edited: 15 Sep 2006 8:06PM GMT
Surnames: tucker, date
Hi Debbie,
I'm afraid I don't have any provable info on my Mary and John Tucker. Their son was Philip Tucker, born 1809 in Malborough, Devon, England. He married Elizabeth Date and they had a son named John Tucker, who was my gg-grandfather. He was born 3 April 1836 and moved to the US where he settled in SC and married twice. I have had a very difficult time with Mary and John Tucker, because she was Mary Tucker before she married, so not having middle names makes it extremely hard to prove. I do know that there was a John Tucker who moved to Ontario, because he has surfaced several times when I was researching my John Tucker, but as far as I know, my John never went to Ontario.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic