Search for content in message boards

Thomas Dickens

Thomas Dickens

Louise Dickens Smith (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2002 11:45PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Thomas DICKENS is my 3 gr. grandfather. b.08 Oct.1761 m.
Milly [Molly]STEVENS There is a family history at
<genealogist@trmorrow.net enjoy. Lou

Re: Thomas Dickens

Posted: 17 Nov 2002 9:05PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Nov 2002 1:34AM GMT
Thanks for the information. Even though your post didn't actually show as a reply to my posting regarding Thomas Dickens and Milly Stevens I just happened to be re-checking the postings on this forum and saw yours. i have looked at the information at the website you provided and sent an email to inform that individual of this additional information:

I've been working to compile my wife's and my genealogy information together and have been very fortunate to have two copies of books that were done on the Stephens (my side) and a book each on the Gilbreath, Boyd, Ledrick (her side). The book on the Gilbreath family is My Collection of the Gilbreath Family by Walta Gilbreath Huard, ( my wife's 3rd cousin once removed), the books on the Boyd/Ledrick family are by Bobby Gerald Boyd, (my wife's Grand Uncle).

According to the information in the books about the Boyd/Ledrick families it shows Victoria Ardella Dickens, born 28 Jun 1876 Greenbrier, Faulkner Co., Arkansas, died 24 Oct 1955 North Little Rock, Pulaski Co., Arkansas. Her parents are Francis Marion Dickens and Sarah J Willis. She married 6 Oct 1900 Mayflower, Faulkner Co., Arkansas to John Frederick Ledrick, born 14 Jan 1856 Winesburg, Holmes Co., Ohio, died 16 Oct 1919 Mayflower, Faulkner Co., Arkansas, (son of John Frederick Ledrick and Magdalene Lehmann).

Children of John Frederick Ledrick and Victoria Ardella Dickens:

Floy Marie Ledrick, born 9 Sep 1901
Minnie Ella Ledrick, born 6 Nov 1903 (See Below)
Frances Edith Ledrick, born 29 Aug 1906, died 12 Dec 1918
Theodosia Irene Ledrick, born 11 Mar 1910, died 25 Jul 1917
John Ledrick, born 10 May 1913, died 9 Sep 1963

Minnie Ella Ledrick, born 6 Nov 1903 Mayflower, Faulkner Co., Arkansas, married 8 Sep 1920 to Jesse Alonzo Boyd, born 10 Jul 1884 Cabot, Pulaski Co., Arkansas, died 10 Aug 1969, (son of Jesse William Boyd and Josephine Louisa Brockinton).

Children of Minnie Ella Ledrick and Jesse Alonzo Boyd:

Dorothy Ardella Vernette Boyd, born 30 Jul 1921, died 17 Nov 1971 (See Below)
Jesse Alonzo Boyd Jr., born 7 Aug 1923
Wallace Ralph Boyd, born 17 Nov 1925, died 17 Nov 1925
Bobby Gerald Boyd, born 26 May 1936 (my wife's Grand Uncle)

Dorothy Ardella Vernette Boyd, born 30 Jul 1921 Mayflower, Faulkner Co., Arkansas, died 17 Nov 1971, married 2 Sep 1939 Ozark, Arkansas to Jim Wilson Gilbreath, born 18 Apr 1918 Alix, Franklin Co., Arkansas, (son of Louis Pawley Gilbreath and Minerva Jane Stutchman)

Dorothy Ardella Vernette Boyd and Jim Wilson Gilbreath are my wife's Grandparents.

Posted: 14 Jul 2011 7:24PM GMT
I ran across this while doing a google search, I would be interested in e-mailing and finding out more about you. Ardella and Jim Gilbreath are also my grandparents. Which child does your wife belong to.

Posted: 14 Jul 2011 7:27PM GMT
Surnames: Gilbreath Boyd Ledrick
I would also like to know where i can get a copy of the 3 books from the Gilbreath, Boyd, and Ledrick side. Thank you.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic