Search for content in message boards

James Cargill m Isabella Shaw

James Cargill m Isabella Shaw

Posted: 13 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jun 2001 11:32AM GMT
Surnames: CARGILL, SHAW
James Cargill was born 1761 in Ballyhemlin, Antrim, Ireland. He's in the 1823 Index in Bushmills, Mulin, Dober and the 1803 Agricultural Census. He died 1866 Nassagaweya, Halton, Ontario. Civil Parish Billy has lost records. Barony Lower Dunluce, Poor Law Union Coleraine. Ordnance Survey 7 Census 1851 Vol. III page 16.

His wife was Isablla SHAW. Wewould liketo find a record of their marriage.

Re: James Cargill m Isabella Shaw

Posted: 24 Nov 2001 5:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Mar 2003 2:17AM GMT
Surnames: Cargill, Fetters, Reeds
Claudia -

Did you ever obtain a record of the marriage of James Cargill, born 176l in Antrim, Ireland and his wife, Isabella Shaw? Several of us who are researching the James and David Cargills seem to have a missing link somewhere. I am a descendant of the James Cargill who came to Oceana County, Michigan. My mother was Hazel Cargill-Fetters.

Posted: 9 Dec 2001 2:44PM GMT
Edited: 7 Apr 2002 8:32PM GMT
Lorna,
My husband's family decended from the James Cargill and Isabella Shaw lines. Can we share info? I have some dates and first names of some spouses, and am very willing to get in touch with you. Also I received an album that has several cargill pictures, a copy of a poster announcing a sale of farm equipment from either David or James' farm in Nassagaweya, Ontario. Let me know what you think.

Posted: 9 Dec 2001 8:56PM GMT
Edited: 10 Mar 2003 2:17AM GMT
Surnames: Cargill, Shaw, Fetters, Reeds
Linda -
Our records (before the computer age) show that we are decendants of the David Cargill who was a brother of James Cargill. My mother and aunt had on record that James died, unmarried, leaving his farm to David Cargill (who we refer to as David I). Have you ever corresponded with Irene McKenzie? We have been in touch but feel there is a missing link somewhere in our information.
Was the James Cargill who was married to Isabella shaw married more than once? Our notes state that he was but we didn't have names of spouse(s). We also have that David I Cargill was married twice. Irene has that this David I was married to a Maria whom he married 13 March 1864. She lists the children as numbering six but it doesn't include my great grandfather (known by us as David II). This David II and his family of 8 came to Michigan and he is my gr grandfather.
I would be happy to share information with you. I would love to have copies of pictures as well as bill of sale for farm equipment.

D Shaw (View posts)
Posted: 18 Mar 2004 7:36PM GMT
I have an Isaac Shaw born 1770;s form Ballymagarry/ Ballyhome near Portrush and Bushmills. I have no idea of his wife or parents. It's a long shot but would Isaac mean anything to you?

Judy Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2004 2:26AM GMT
What is Bushmills Mulin Dober?

Thanks

PS Did this James have any siblings

Mallendober & Bushmills or Magheraboy, Parish of Billy

sw (View posts)
Posted: 9 Sep 2005 11:22PM GMT
Surnames: Shaw
re: What is Bushmills Mulin Dober ?

Townland of Bushmills or Magheraboy,
numbers 16 & 56 on the map of
townlands of Parish of Billy which I have
just posted on this board.
However, this map has not yet been checked.

Mulin Dober may be shown as Mallendober,
number 58, two townlands south of Bushmills.

Did you have any Boyds or Houstons amongst your Shaw families ? Thankyou.

Re: Mallendober & Bushmills or Magheraboy, Parish of Billy

Posted: 9 Sep 2005 11:35PM GMT
Edited: 19 Mar 2006 5:20AM GMT
This is what I am after in my research. I believe James Cargill who was married to Isabella Shaw may have had a brother named David. They came from a Mallendober Farm. As you can see from the date of my message I have been working on this for a very long time.

I am trying to put some links together between Cargill, Andersons, and Boyds may fit. Any insight you might have would be very helpful.

Thank You
Judy Anderson
per page

Find a board about a specific topic