Search for content in message boards

How to obtain hospital records in Roch Hill, SC?

How to obtain hospital records in Roch Hill, SC?

Posted: 26 Dec 2012 3:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Dec 2012 3:46PM GMT
My grandfather worked as an orderly at York General Hospital in Roch Hill, SC in the late 1960s. The hospital has since closed down. I was wondering if it's possible to obtain old records of relatives who used to be workers or patients if the hospital has closed down?

Thanks in advance.

Re: How to obtain hospital records in Roch Hill, SC?

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 11:35PM GMT
I believe you mean Rock Hill. I doubt you could find records of employment, the most they would likely tell you is that the person worked there. Sometimes newspaper articles would say the names of patients admitted or discharged from a hospital in smaller towns, but the hospital would not likely give any personal information.
I notice that Google news archives has the Rock hill newspaper. You might try searching on google with the name in quotes, i.e. "jane doe" "rock hill" and see if you get any hits. Also, you may have better luck putting your query on the York County message board.

Re: How to obtain hospital records in Rock Hill, SC?

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 6:34AM GMT
Yeah, I meant Rock Hill - I don't know how I didn't catch that typo. I'll try searching Google Archives again, but I'm not sure if I'll find anymore information (although I did find a record on a relative being discharged, so I guess I could try again).

I think I'll go put my query in the York County message board.

Thanks for your help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions