Search for content in message boards

Donald Mcphee son of Donald Dan Mcphee and Barbara Flanagan

Donald Mcphee son of Donald Dan Mcphee and Barbara Flanagan

Posted: 20 Oct 2009 7:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mcphee
Donald Mcphee was kicked out of Ontario and came to the US, his wife May McDonald and daughter Mary Mcphee came over shortly thereafter. Where would I get the facts regarding his ban from Canada? Also, He married Doris Healy and had a son ... if anyone has a marriage date or place for he and Doris, I would be very greatful.

Re: Donald Mcphee son of Donald Dan Mcphee and Barbara Flanagan

Posted: 21 Oct 2009 1:21AM GMT

Marriage:
Donald McPhee, 22, b Alexandria, living same, merchant, s/o Donald D McPhee & Barbara Flanagan, married Mary Catherine McDonald, 22, Alexandria, same, d/o Duncan A McDonald & Severguin? H Macdonell, 21 Apr 1903, Glengarry.

If he was born in Ontario, they couldn't throw him out. Maybe he fled the country? He wouldn't have been accepted into the US if he had a criminal record. Maybe just a family story?

I don't see any Donald, Mary or Mary that have crossed the border that fit your people.

Birth of child/children of Donald McPhee & May/Mary Catherine McDonald, Glengarry County from Ancestry.ca

Mary McPhee, b 30 Jan 1909
McPhee, stillborn, female, 1 July 1908
Muriel Georgina McPhee, 16 Mar 1904
Children all born Alexandria Glengarry.

Muriel McPhee died 28 Sep 1904, 3 mths, convulsions from diarrhoea, Alexandria Glengarry.

I don't see them on 1911 census but have a look on www.automatedgenealogy.com

Posted: 23 Oct 2009 10:43PM GMT
Surnames: McPHEE
Donald may not have been kicked out of Ontario, this very well could be a story. The information you kindly provided me with is that of his marriege to his 1st wife. I am looking for info on him and Doris Healy. In 1910 his father and mother and wife relocated to Calgary. I was not questioning if he was in the US, only why he may have been kicked out.

Posted: 23 Nov 2012 3:15AM GMT
Hey Cuz!
I am Alexander Roy McPhee descendant through John's brother Alexander. Would love to talk with you.
Melissa MacPhee
613-872-1561
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions