Search for content in message boards

Shubert Family

Shubert Family

Jerry Higgins (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Shubert
I am looking for any information about the Shubert Family. They lived in Hall County. Harvey Shubert was born in Slabtown, Ga. That is somewhere around Cleveland,Ga. There is Cherokee Indian Blood line here also. I am just starting this search. Thanks for any help..
Posted: 27 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Feb 2002 9:12PM GMT
Some of my Shubert's lived in Hall County, Walka Mountain in the late 1800's and early 1900's. They later moved to Paulding County Ga. and Dekalb County Ga. I do not have a Harvey in my file. I am looking for William C. Shubert b. 1837, William Jeferson Shubert b. Oct. 1863 he is buried at Mt. Olive Cemetary in Paulding Co. John Wesley Shubert b. June 1890, Clair India Shubert b. May 1891, Charlie Shubert b. 1880, Ellie Shubert b. 1882, Stella Shubert b. 1884, Willie Shubert b. Feb. 1886, Elizabeth Shubert b. ?, Ollie Maybell Shubert b. May 1893, James Lonnie Shubert b. June 1896 and Joseph Luther Shubert b.1898. I don't know if any of this helps but please keep in touch.

Shubert

Alicia Milner (View posts)
Posted: 22 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2007 7:24PM GMT
Surnames: Shubert, Milner, Crane
I have some information on Ollie Maebell Shubert (parents William Jefferson Shubert and Martha Narcissus Crane residence of Hall County). Ollie married Lee Milner (b. 1889 in GA). They had two children, Robert Alonzo Milner (b. Apr. 2, 1915 in GA, d. Oct. 29, 1951 in GA) and Nellie Milner (private)

Below is Oral Family History from Ollie's daughter Nellie.

Ollie May Shubert had three brothers, John, Lonnie and Luther. She is buried at Indian Creek Cemetery (located between Avondale and Stone Mountain). Alonzo bought the lot, thinking that Ollie's brothers would live there, but they moved out of the area.

Ollie Mae went to work (by parents) at the Fulton Bay Cotton Mill in Atlanta when Alonzo was six weeks old. They lived with Jeff and Martha Shurbert (her parents) most of the time. She died at the age 47.

(The above information is oral history from Nellie Milner. Jan. 1996)

Note: Not clear if the lot Alonzo bought is referring to Ollie's burial site, or just a piece of land he purchased. Needs more research. A.M. 8/31/1999

Shubert

Tanya V. Bell (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2007 7:26PM GMT
Surnames: Shubert, Lewis
My grandmother told me that my G-G-G-G-Grandfather was married to an Indian woman. Some of my relatives may be from Hall Co., I don't know. My GG Grandfather was William Jefferson Shubert, my GGrandfather, James Lonnie Shubert, my Grandmother,Bessie Mae Shubert Lewis, my Mother, Virginia Lewis Shaw. I hope this helps you a little. Tanya V. Bell

Re: Shubert

Posted: 8 Feb 2003 2:06AM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2003 1:33PM GMT
Do you have any Shuberts from the Douglas County, Ga.
area ?
Posted: 11 Feb 2003 6:55PM GMT
Edited: 19 Aug 2003 6:07PM GMT
Yes - I have found my line in Douglas, Paulding, Dekalb, and Hall counties. What are some of the names and dates of your Shubert's? I will be glad to check my information and see if I can help you.

Posted: 12 Feb 2003 2:04PM GMT
Edited: 16 Jul 2003 1:33PM GMT
Hello Connie, My sister is married tp George Shubert,
well, he is deceased now 1989 . He lived with his uncle
and aunt in Fairburn, Georgia, they were from Ala.
His family is from douglas County, Georgia,
His name is Irene and uncle is amos Sprayberry.
Georga had a brother and sister Ray and Annie
Louise, the only one still living i think is Ray, I
don't know where he is living , My sister is
Edna Mae . they are living in Barnesville, Ga.
I know she is hoping you are related to her
husban's family. Let me know if you are related?
Thanks, Frances

Earline Smith (View posts)
Posted: 14 Apr 2004 4:29AM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2007 7:25PM GMT
Surnames: Shubert, Milner, Gipson
The "lot" referred to was the burial lot of Ollie Shubert Milner Gipson, at Indian Creek Cemetary in Decatur, Ga. I am currently in the process, as Nellie's daughter, trying to locate the "exact" burial spot. I know the area, but the grave is unmarked. It is my Mother Nellie's wish for me to locate the grave and put a marker on it. Nellie is 90 years of age now in 2004. Ollie is my Grandmother. Several years after Ollie died, Nellie called the cemetary keepers to ask if the grave was being cleaned off. They said not enough money was left for them to keep it clean. Nellie had no transportation to visit often. Nellie's Aunt Estelle had her son in law go there and cut down trees possibly in the 50's. Ollie was buried there in 1939. Probably no vault used in the burial. The original records for the cemetary were burned in a house fire. A transcript of all visible and marked graves is available at the Indian Creek Baptist Church, Decatur, Ga. There are trees growing there now and a concrete block wall as a fence beyond, and possibly right on Ollie's grave, or either she could be in the backyard beyond the fence. I am working on this!!! I have taken my Mother there and we have a very close idea as to where it will be. Any help on locating unmarked graves will be appreciated by anyone, in any way. ES

Posted: 23 Dec 2006 3:50PM GMT
I'm doing some research on the Shubert family in Hall and White Counties.

Some of the names I have come across seem to be the same as your's, just some different dates. Maybe you can clarify them for me.

I'll start with my closest Shubert:

Lillie Mae Shubert b. abt. 1907 in GA (sibling: Ollie, Author, Burnett, & Rosie)
L.M.'s parents: John W.(abt. 1876) & Vonie Shubert
John W's parents: possibly William C. and Nancy A. Shubert

Posted: 31 Jan 2007 4:39AM GMT
Surnames: Shewbert, Shubert, Brock
I have a "Shewbert" in my file. Her name is Mary Jane Shewbert. She was the wife of Wilburn C. Brock. She was born in Georgia in abt 1846, but I do not know where. Her mother was Mary M. Shewbert.

In the 1900 census in Anderson, Banks county, Mary M. is infirm and living with The Wilburn Brock Family. Wilburn is originally from Sevier Co. TN. Wilburn met Mary Jane and married her in Sevier abt 1869. I think her father is most likely "J.S. Shewbert" who is listed as married to a "Mary A. Shewbert" in a district neighboring the one Wilburn grew up in in Sevier. Wilburn and Mary Jane's family arrived in Banks, Co. Georgia sometime after 1880 and before 1900.

I am assuming they moved to Georgia to be near some Shewbert relatives, since as far as I know, Wilburn had no relatives in Georgia.

If any of you Shubert researchers know anything about Mary Jane Shewbert and her line, please let me know!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic