Search for content in message boards

Hugh Rees Columbia Co, GA-Holliman

Hugh Rees Columbia Co, GA-Holliman

Mic Barnette (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jul 2003 6:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rees/Reese/Holliman/Farr in Columbia/Warren Co GA
In his 1826 Columbia County, GA Will Hugh Rees mentions a daughter Sarah Holliman

Who was Sarah's husband?

Do anyone know about a marriage of a Sarah Rees to a Samuel Holliman who lived in Georgia? Columbia/Warren Co, GA.

Re: Hugh Rees Columbia Co, GA-Holliman

Dave Reese (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 2003 2:09AM GMT
I have Hugh's daughter married Albert Holliman. He died in Columbia Co., GA 1846 and she there 10Aug1858. What is the date of your other Sarah's marriage? Jeremiah Rees, son of Hugh, had a daughter Sarah born 17Apr1822. I do not know who she married.
Hugh's brother Benjamin had a daughter Sarah who married James Amoss in 1807, they had a daughter born 1824, so she is not your Sarah.

Mic Barnette (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 2003 2:46AM GMT
Edited: 14 Apr 2004 8:22PM GMT
Surnames: Rees,Reese,Holliman,Farr
Thanks for replying Dave.
I suspected I was dealing in a younger generation than I was looking for. I found Hugh Rees' Will and it named his daughter Sarah only as Sarah Holliman but not her husband's given name.

I have another Rees question probably a generation earlier than Hugh. I found a citation on the web saying Sarah Rees b ca 1768 married Samuel Holliman (b 1760-70 NC).

If this is thecorrect Samuel Holliman Sarah would have died before 1834 as Samuel Married second Salome McArthur in 1834 in Columbia County, GA.

Samuel died in Columbia County in 1850 and Salome 1860-1866 in Columbia County.

Samuel's first wife, whoever she was, would have been the mother of his son from whom I descend, Lewis H. Holliman 1792-1853 mar 1816 to Sarah (Sallie) M Farr. These two died Upson Co, GA.

Dave Reese (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jul 2003 12:44PM GMT
1. The Samuel Holliman who married in 1835 may be the son of Sarah Rees and Albert Holliman. His name was Samuel Burton Holliman d 1865. He married Martha Harden 1827 in Columbia Co., GA.
2. You don't state (probably don't know) if Sarah Rees married Samuel Holliman in GA. I don't have much on Reeses in NC other than the family of David Rees of Mecklenburg (Charlotte). His five sons fought in Rev. David's children (no Sarah that I know of) were born before 1768 and his grandchildren after 1768. The only Sarah that I know of that might fit was the daughter of Edwin Rees in SC. Edwin died in 1782 and it is possible Sarah moved to GA and lived with either Benjamin or Hugh, her uncles. However, I have no info on when this Sarah was born, just that she was mentioned in her uncle Isham's will. As I recall, his will did not give her last name (he just used the given names for his neices and nephews, tying them to his brothers).
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions