Search for content in message boards

Social Security number

Social Security number

Posted: 12 Sep 2012 10:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to track down my mother's father who divorced my grandmother before my mother was born. My grandmother cut all ties with him and all I can verify is a divorce record (not the actual document- haven't been able to get that on Ancestry.com). I have also found another person with this same name on Ancestry.com but I cannot link the two for sure unless I can get a social security number for the man on the divorce record. Does anyone know if the divorce certificate (or whatever would be on file at the court house) would have this information? The court house seems to have only a limited number of files available, but I'm considering paying to try to get the divorce cert. but don't want to waste my money if the SSN is not on there.

Thanks a million for any information you can give me.

Re: Social Security number

Posted: 13 Sep 2012 2:24AM GMT
Maybe it depends on where the divorce was filed, but I haven't heard of a SSN being on a divorce decree.

Are both men in the Social Security Death Index? Which man has the same date of birth as your grandfather? His DOB MIGHT be on the marriage license or church records.

Posted: 13 Sep 2012 6:37AM GMT
Thanks for your response. I don't have any other information about this man except that my grandmother's name is on the record of the divorce. This record is a page from what seems to be a record of divorces in Duval county for a certain period of time. My grandmother won't talk about this issue, so there is no way to get any better documentation from this end.

Posted: 14 Sep 2012 2:12AM GMT
If you want someone to be able to assist you, you're going to have to post their name and where Duval County is. Right now we don't know who you're looking for, or where.

Posted: 14 Sep 2012 5:26AM GMT
Sorry about that... I am looking for Almond Couturier, Duval county Florida.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic