Need help finding ancestors from Cuba

Need help finding ancestors from Cuba

Margarite Gilliam (View posts)
Posted: 21 Apr 2002 1:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Oct 2003 11:45PM GMT
Surnames: Rodrigo, Triana, Viñas
Hi,
I am trying to find my roots. My grandparents were born in Cuba. Looking for anyone that can give me a hint on the following last names:
Rodrigo-Triana
Vinas ( the n has a ~ as in nino )
Thanks

Re: Need help finding ancestors from Cuba

Carla Landa (View posts)
Posted: 20 May 2002 8:27PM GMT
Surnames: Triana
Question for you; i am also researching Triana, looking for info on an Edburto/Eddie Triana......would you have any family members with this name? Thank You

Posted: 31 Jul 2002 3:15AM GMT
Edited: 13 Apr 2003 1:13AM GMT
Try going to the Church of Ladder day saints? They have alot of info on Cuba or go to this website. Cubegenweb. Hope thie helps!! Unless you have already tried

Judi Osorio Amodio (View posts)
Posted: 15 Oct 2002 1:38PM GMT
Edited: 19 Sep 2003 8:20PM GMT
Surnames: Nunez, Osorio
many thanks for your reply to another person ... I hope it will help me. I am looking for my grandmother's family. She returned to Camaguey from Kingston, Jamaica some years ago. I know she is no longer living but would like to know what happened to her and if there is any existing family living there. Everything seems to meet with a dead end!

Will try what you suggest ....

Posted: 15 Oct 2002 10:24PM GMT
Edited: 13 Apr 2003 1:13AM GMT
Judi, I hope you find what you are looking for. I seem to hit alot of dead ends too. Just keep trying and digging.Was she born here or there? Try looking at the ellis island website. That might help too. Good Luck!!

Posted: 31 May 2004 9:54AM GMT
Edited: 20 Jun 2004 1:37AM GMT
Surnames: Vinas
Although this is a late reply.... I am a Vinas as my mother (Mercedes) was born in Cuba. I have some family history and birth records from Cuba. Conact me if you think I am related or can help. I know my famil;y lived in San German Cuba.
Laura

Debbie Pando (View posts)
Posted: 26 Nov 2005 2:10AM GMT
Edited: 26 Nov 2005 10:41PM GMT
My grandfather name Pablo Vinas, grandmother Antolina Vinas from Pinar de Rio, they moved to Habana when my mother was a little girl.

Laura Stawecki (View posts)
Posted: 27 Jan 2006 8:37AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jan 2006 12:16PM GMT
Debra, I think we may be related. Where do you live now? Sorry for the late reply. email me again!!
Laura
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions