Search for content in message boards

Haley Sanford Butler, Elbert County Georgia

Haley Sanford Butler, Elbert County Georgia

Posted: 19 Jan 2005 9:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Butler
He was my husband's great grandfather, married to Mary Ann Denney.
He was born Oct. 8, 1849 and died Oct. 17, 1914.
In the 1880 U.S. Census his widowed mother-in-law, Emily Denney was living with them as well as their two children,
William Newton Butler and Sallie B. Butler.
I found Haley Sanford Butler in the 1860 U.S. Census as a ten year old child. His family was listed as:

J. M. Butler, age 36 Father born 1823
M. J. Butler , age 35 Mother born 1824
M. C. Butler,age 8 Female born 1851
John W. Butler, age 6 Male born 1853
L. C. Butler,age 4 Female born 1855
F. James Butler,age 2 Male born 1857
N. F. Butler,age 1 Female born 1858

Does anyone have any information about this Butler family?
I am really interested in finding out what all the initials stand for.
My grandfather William Newton Butler married Maggie Lee Webb March 8, 1906. She was the daughter of Milton Pope Webb and Mary Catherine Moore.

Re: Haley Sanford Butler ??

Posted: 24 Jan 2005 2:26PM GMT
You might want to look at the Stinchcomb Methodist Church Cemetery and muse over the fact that William Newton BUTLER and his spouse, Maggie Lee WEBB are buried in the same cemetery that you will find Haley Simms BUTLER and his spouse, Mary Ann DENNEY are resting.

In fact, you will find Mary Ann`s mother, Emily DENNEY nee STINCHCOMB and her husband, William DENNEY buried there as well.

Re: Haley Sanford Butler, Elbert County Georgia

Posted: 25 Mar 2005 9:21PM GMT
Surnames: Butler
I can only identify J. M. Butler, age 36 Father born 1823 as Joel M. Butler.

Please contact me at jerry@30504.com for further information.

jerry

Re: Haley Sanford Butler, Elbert County Georgia

Posted: 18 Jul 2006 5:30PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jul 2006 2:10AM GMT
Surnames: Butler, Herndon, Lnu, Baskins, Alewine
Jerry,
I have a Joel M Butler whom married a Lenora A.T Herndon in Madison County 11 Jan 1877 they are my GGG Grandparents there son Thomas E Butler married a Nettie LNU in 1900 he and Nettie had 3 children Ada D, Lee T, ans Sol Nettie died prior to 9 May 1908 because he Married a Elizabeth Baskins and is listed on the 1910 census from Elbert with Lizzie and tessie and a stepdaughter vaughnie Thomas was born in Elbert County in Oct 1878 and i think died sometime before the 1920 census because Elizabeth is listed in the household of her mother Rhoda P Baskin along with Esther,Dewey,Tessie Lou, Janie and KC .
The Janie is Elsie Jane Butler Alewine whom is my grandmother on my fathers side.
I was wondering if you had anything on them i haven't found Thomas E Butler death yet nor his parents yet . I am tracing them down trying to piece together all the pieces.Any help would be appreciated Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions