Search for content in message boards

1871 Census look-up for North Road, Burslem, Staffs please

1871 Census look-up for North Road, Burslem, Staffs please

Clare (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2004 7:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fryer
Please can anyone help me by searching the Staffordshire 1871 census for Hannah Fryer aged abt 20 years. In 1874 she married Thomas Jones in the parish of Buslem and states her current address as North Road, which is presumably in Burslem. She may or may not have been living with her family but her Father's name is John Fryer and he was a miner in 1874. Also her sister and/or mother may have been called Alice Fryer. Her father was from the Audley/Mow Cop area.

Any information, even to say she isn't on North Road in 1871 would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Clare

Re: 1871 Census look-up for North Road, Burslem, Staffs please

Posted: 15 Nov 2004 3:58PM GMT
Edited: 20 Nov 2004 1:23PM GMT
I've found a Hannah Fryar, (could be a transcript error) aged 21, born in Wolstanton, Staffs. Her relationship to the household states, neice. She was living with William (41) Lovatt and Mary Ann Lovatt (37) and their children Alice Lovatt, 6, Edmund Lovatt, 18, Fredk William Lovatt, 8, Mary Lovatt, 6 (twins?) and Stephen Hulme Lovatt, 2. The census states they were all born in Wolstanton except, Mary Ann Lovatt, 37, who was born Kidsgrove. The address looks like Furlong Lane, Burslem. Hannah is down as a domestic servant. I don't know if this is definitely her or not. I'll have a search for her Mum and Dad when I get a minute. Helen

Posted: 15 Nov 2004 4:17PM GMT
Edited: 20 Nov 2004 1:23PM GMT
I don't know if this is them or not.
John Fryer, 46, born Astbury Cheshire, engine driver
Alice Fryer, 40 born Sandbach
Lea Fryer, 18 born Lanton, Cheshire (daughter) Dressmaker
Alice Fryer, 3 born Lanton, Cheshire (daughter)

Adress looks like Hardings Work, Audley, but not too sure.

Clare (View posts)
Posted: 15 Nov 2004 7:23PM GMT
Thanks very mcuh for the information, it is much appreciated.

Clare

Eve Maher nee lovatt (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2005 9:25AM GMT

Hello Sue. Just come across a message you sent to some one re Hannah fryer.

The Family you think she was residing with, William Lovatt and Mary Ann are my Great Grandparents.Could you tell me who the lady was you were replying to please.It may be a bit late as the message was 2004 But worth a try.
Regards Eve Maher.came to Oz from Staffs 1964.
Mary Anns maiden name Stannier.

Reham67@hotmail.com

Eve maher nee Lovatt (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2005 9:29AM GMT
Hello Clare.Its a bit late, but did you find the Hannar Fryer you were after.The family Sue gave you, William Lovatt and Mary Ann(Stannier) are my Great Grandparents and Family.Did you get any info from that.All the Best Eve Maher nee Lovatt in Australia.

e.mail.. reham67@hotmail.com

Clare James (View posts)
Posted: 21 May 2005 10:58AM GMT
Surnames: Fryer, Lovatt, Jones, Brown
Hi Eve,
Thanks for your message. I think my GG Grandmother Hannah Fryer, the daughter of John Fryer and Sarah Lovatt, is the niece of William Lovatt based on the 1871 census return where she is living with them on Furlong Lane, Burslem and working as a domestic servant. I know that John Fryer married Sarah Lovatt in 1841 in Wolstanton. If you think this fits in with your family or would like to know anything else I'd love to know more about the Lovatts.

Best wishes

Clare

eve maher nee lovatt (View posts)
Posted: 5 Aug 2005 10:20AM GMT

Hello Clare.
I think I got in touch with you a while back.
I told you that William Lovatt and Mary Ann(Stanier) were my Great Grandparents.Was hoping to hear from you again. Best Wishes. Eve.
e.mail. reham67@hotmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic