Search for content in message boards

HATCH/GOSNELL/BAKER

HATCH/GOSNELL/BAKER

Posted: 17 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Aug 2001 3:50AM GMT
Surnames: HATCH, GOSNELL, BAKER
Like to share information with anyone researching the surnames; HATCH, GOSNELL, BAKER from Kent & surrounding areas.
gloria.wallin@home.com

Re: HATCH/GOSNELL/BAKER

Posted: 27 Aug 2001 4:13PM GMT
Edited: 5 Apr 2005 8:59PM GMT
Surnames: Gosnell, Tape, Lee, Attridge, Sheehan
I am doing Gosnell, Tape and Lee with a few assorted Hatches and Bakers. If I can get my tech support to walk me through my first Gedcom export, I'd love to share.

Re: HATCH/GOSNELL/BAKER/TAPE

Gloria (View posts)
Posted: 27 Aug 2001 4:41PM GMT
Yes, would love to hear, as I also have Tape in my surname list also! Please contact me at;
gloria.wallin@home.com

Posted: 29 Aug 2001 5:53PM GMT
Edited: 18 Apr 2002 4:40PM GMT
I am researching a Gosnell that was a twin that married a Lee.

Gloria (View posts)
Posted: 29 Aug 2001 8:03PM GMT
Hi Lois,
Have many, many Gosnell names but none that I found who married a Lee. Where were your Gosnell originally from? The ones I have originally were from Sherkin Island, Cork. Many immigrated to Ontario.

Posted: 30 Aug 2001 7:06AM GMT
Surnames: Hatch/Gosnell/Baker
I've searched through all my Lees and I can't find any marrying a Gosnell twin unless Lawrence B. "Bub" Gosnell was a twin. I do have a sister Mary A. who I've noted as being born @1832. She died at age 6 from a spider bite. He was born 6 Sept 1832 on Lot 17, Ridge Rd., Orford, Kent Co., Ontario to John Joseph Gosnell and Sarah Reeder. On 6 Feb 1856 he married Sarah Lee, who was born 28 Dec 1835 in County Cork, Ireland to John Lee and Sarah Sheehan.
My only other Lee marrying a Gosnell is Thomas Lee, born 26 Mar 1841 in Ireland to John Lee and Mary?. He married Frances "Fanny" Gosnell, born 28 Mar 1844 in Orford to James Gosnell and Ann Gosnell, on 26 Nov 1864.
Are either of these likely? Where did you get your info? Who were the parents of your couple?

Gloria (View posts)
Posted: 30 Aug 2001 3:47PM GMT
I have many of those surnames mentioned including Gosnell, Sheehan, Reeder. Many of the Gosnell's I have listed were living in Orford, Kent Co. Ontario.
Does anyone have a Sarah Gosnell b.1807 Sherkin Island, Cork, who married Thomas Hatch abt. 1825.
Sarah Gosnell parents were Thomas Gosnell & Mary Wolfe.

I also have 2 Fanny Gosnell's from Orford, but don't seem to match up with your dates, but very close.

Posted: 30 Aug 2001 4:43PM GMT
Edited: 18 Apr 2002 4:40PM GMT
Hi Gloria,
Im not sure where they came from. My Gosnell lived in Missouri. Kentucky, Va. ,and North Carolina. I don't have a lot of info. But don't think they were in Canada. The earliest I have is Gosnell married a Hogg.I think in Pa.

Lois Harris

Posted: 31 Aug 2001 10:27PM GMT
Surnames: Hatch/Gosnell
Hi Gloria, yes I have Sarah born @1807 on Sherkin Island, County Cork. She died 1884 in Bay City Michigan, according to page 784 of the Commemorative Biographical Record for Kent. I don't have a better marriage date. I do have info on 9 of her children. (Do you want that?) The McKane genealogy says they had 12 but doesn't list them. They had retired to Bay City to live with their daughter, Mary A. After Sarah's death Thomas moved in 1884 to London Township, County of Middlesex to live with his son, John G. Hatch. He died there in 1886.
Do you have info on John Hatch (his brother) born in Ireland 1786, who married Nancy Gosnell and had at least one child, John, born in 1833? That's about the sum total of my knowledg on them.

Re:Sheehan/Lee/Gosnell

Posted: 31 Aug 2001 10:39PM GMT
Surnames: Sheehan, Lee, Gosnell
Do you have any information of John Sheehan, born and died in Ireland, was a school teacher, had several children (only one of which I know, Sarah) married Sarah Gosnell, daughter of John and Sarah (born @1777 on Sherkin Island).? Their daughter Sarah Sheehan, born 1807, married John Lee (when? and where?) and had six kids. I have all their birthdates except for George.
I would love to know who Sarah's siblings were and anything that could carry that line farther in Ireland.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic