Search for content in message boards

1870 Hawkins Co. Census

1870 Hawkins Co. Census

Posted: 21 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 6 Jul 2001 8:07PM GMT
Surnames: Seal, Harris
Looking for information on Jarvis Seal and Emeline Harris. Been told they were in the 1870 Hawkins Co. Census. Emeline is also in the 1870 Hancock Co. Census. Does anyone have access to the 1870 Hawkins Co. Census, I'd like to compare the information. I show Jarvis and Emeline didn't marry until 1881 and divorced by 1883. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: 1870 Hawkins Co. Census

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 2:36AM GMT
The bride is "Eveline" Harris, not Emeline. Nonetheless, it might be the same person. It appears Jarvis (of Hawkins County)was 31 and Eveline (of Hancock County) was 40.

Posted: 17 Jan 2015 2:09PM GMT
Do you have access to this census? I'm looking for an Elick or Eleck Williams, maybe even Elec or somewhat similar spelling. He was born in 1870 so he may not have been on the census. I am not even sure that he was in Hawkins County at the time of his birth. All i know is that he was there in 1920. I'd love to find who his mother and father were.

I'm also looking for an Annie Potts and George Anne Potts.

Posted: 5 Mar 2015 1:42AM GMT
Have you tried familysearch.org? It is a free website that will give you the parts of the 1870's census that you might seek. Also, Rootsweb is a good website but keep in mind all the information has been supplied by the general public and may not be factual. It's important to research all the information you receive from rootsweb.

I do have a book by the Hawkins County Historical Society that list marriage records for the county from 1789-1866. looked just to see if anything was there for Jarvis Seal even though it would have been a long shot and didn't see anything.

Good Luck!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic