Search for content in message boards

Mary Beamsely nee Bates b.~1779 Stoke Talmage, Oxfordshire. m. Wm. Beamsley. 1804

Mary Beamsely nee Bates b.~1779 Stoke Talmage, Oxfordshire. m. Wm. Beamsley. 1804

Posted: 26 Feb 2013 1:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bates Beamsley
Hi,
my 4th Great-grandmother was Mary BATES. I am still searching for her Birth, Marriage & Death records & parents. She was supposedly born at South Western or Stoke Talmage area. Her parents??

Mary married William BEAMSLEY - according to several ancestry trees the m.date was 6 Jun 1804 (Stoke Talmage), But, I can not find their marriage record!?

William & Mary had about 5 children & he was a farmer of 180acres at Aston Rowant, with men in his employment.

According to the family search website, Mary died in Oct 1853 (age ~56) & her Burial was 25 Oct 1835 (Stoke Talmage) - this was from a user submitted tree.

So, if anyone could please help me with any details of this Mary Bates or perhaps point me in the right direction I would be extremely grateful.

thanks
Christine

Re: Mary Beamsely nee Bates b.~1779 Stoke Talmage, Oxfordshire. m. Wm. Beamsley. 1804

Posted: 2 Mar 2013 8:42AM GMT
Classification: Query

Hi Christine ...

The OFHS's Oxfordshire Marriage Index (1538-1837) confirms the marriage:

06 JUN 1804 - Mary BATES (of South Weston) to William BEEMSLEY at Stoke Talmage

Note the slightly different spelling of the groom's surname. The actual parish register entry may give names of witnesses (and possibly other information) which may be of use. Although Mary is recorded as "of South Weston", this may only indicate her residence at the time of her marriage, NOT where she was born.

As you have an approximate birth year (1782 - from her burial record), it may be worth contacting the OFHS to request a look-up of their Baptism Index - see "Search Services" on their website at www.ofhs.org.uk.

Penny
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions