Search for content in message boards

McBride Irish Ancestors

McBride Irish Ancestors

Posted: 2 Sep 2002 7:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
My Husband's ggg?-father was George W. McBride, b. 5 Jun 1802 in Frederick Co., MD. We are going to Ireland in October and would like to do look-ups if time permits. Does anyone have a clue as to where George's parents (possibly Phillip) lived in Ireland and when they migrated?

Re: McBride Irish Ancestors

Posted: 4 Sep 2002 9:45AM GMT
Edited: 12 Jul 2003 8:15AM GMT
Surnames: Long, McBride
Were any of your McBrides born in Kentucky and did they marry up with any Long's.

My ggg are Christopher Ware Long and Jane McBride.

Richard Anderson (View posts)
Posted: 4 Sep 2002 8:53PM GMT
We don't know of any McBrides in Kentucky. Ours went from Maryland to Ohio to Illinois to Iowa. Sorry

Posted: 20 Nov 2002 5:04AM GMT
Surnames: McBride/Kidwell/Kirks/Wilkinson/Thourghman/Livingston
I am looking for Samuel McBride and Wife Nancy. Samuel was born in Ohio went to Illinois and then to Iowa and then on to Nebraska . His children are Mary Ann,David,Esaw,Martha J.,Melissa,John,Isaac,Laura,and Nancy J. McBride . If you know anything on the family PLEASE let me know and I will help all I can on what I have. Catherine McBride

Posted: 25 Jan 2005 2:37AM GMT
Surnames: Long
I too claim Christopher Ware Long (July 12, 1801 Henry Co., VA - July 28, 1868 Washington, IA & Jane McBride (18?? in Kentucky & died in Cedar County, IA) They were married on July 12, 18??, Henry Co. and she was the daughter of David McBride.

They had 9 children: David M. 1825, William Gibbs 1827 (my direct ancestor), Absolom H E 1829, Hiram R 1833, Mary J 1836, Christopher H 1838, Martha M 1842, Jesse Sparks 1844 and Anna C 1848.

Posted: 12 Feb 2007 1:47PM GMT
Hello, I was recently given some information about a "William Gibbs Long" family of Fergus Co. Montana. This William Gibbs Long was a descendant of Ware Long. Is this your line? Bill Long (Administrator - Long Surname D N A Project www.longdna.com )

Posted: 12 Feb 2007 11:40PM GMT
Surnames: Long, McBride
Yes Bill O. Long. I am the one who is test kit 11011 with Family Tree DNA, descending from Ware Long. I certainly would like to know who it was who contacted you. I am trying to get other Christopher Ware Long and Jane McBride descendants to test. I have ordered a test for my 1/2 second cousin, John Long who also descends from Leonard Ransom Long. He has sent it in, and we await the results to see if he matches with either me or Leo Long. Anyway, please e-mail me direct at my e-mail on your DNA page to let me know the new contact. William Gibbs Long was one of the sons of Christopher Ware Long and he was brother of my gg grandfather Hiram Ransom Long who married Barbara Cronkhite --William D. Long

Posted: 12 Feb 2007 11:55PM GMT
Surnames: Long, McBride, Mitchell, Thoromon
Cathy, your message captivates me. The fact that you are studying both the McBrides and Thoromons, who are both connected to the Mitchells. Can you be sure that your Throughmans and McBrides do not come from Adams Co./Scioto Co., Ohio are along the Ohio River? Did Samuel McBride ever work on steamships? Just kind of curious. I descend from the Mitchells and McBrides, though Jane McBride who married Christopher Ware Long.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions