Search for content in message boards

R J Morrison of Raleigh Township

R J Morrison of Raleigh Township

Posted: 11 Sep 2010 11:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Robert Morrison was from Co. Down, N. Ireland. He came with his mother, a widow, and 5 siblings to Canada in 1841. He came to the Chatham area in 1852. He married Louisa Benedict in 1857. They had 6 children- Elihu, Bertha, William G., Charles, James A., and Helena. Helena married Hugh Tobey, a merchant in Chatham, Bertha married Charles Stevenson, Elihu married Caroline Simmonds. Robert later moved to the city of Chatham and is buried at Maple Leaf Cemetery. There was a relationship to Maria Morrison West, who in 1874 settled with her husband and family in Raleigh Township. Looking for any information on R J Morrison family or descendants. Thank you.

Re: R J Morrison of Raleigh Township

Posted: 12 Sep 2010 1:47AM GMT
Helena married on 1 Sep 1909. It has been transcribed on Ancestry.ca as 1907.

Death:
Louise Morrison, aged81yrs8mos, died 2 Feb 1919, born, LakeShore, Raleigh Kent, widow, d/o --- Benedict, no mother given, informant: G G Morrison of Chatham, chronic dilation of heart/2yrs; exhaustion from bed sores. Registration # 016965. Chatham, Kent County.

Robert Johnston Morrison, 91yrs11mos8days, died 8 Jan 1916, father: Wm Morrison, informant: Chas R Stevenson of Chatham.

1901 census gives immigration date as 1846.

1851, 1901 and 1911 census on www.automatedgenealogy.com
1881 census on www.familysearch.org
All are free sites.

The census will give you any children.
1911 census is last one released.
Births released to 1911;marriages to 1926 and deaths to 1936.
Try www.canada411.ca

Posted: 13 Sep 2010 12:05AM GMT
Thank you for the reply on the R J Morrison family. I had followed through on this information but still not able to find his place of birth other than Co. Down. I appreciate all the information. Would still like to find descendants. I will follow up on obituaries in the Chatham paper.
Regards,
Evelynn

Posted: 15 Nov 2013 1:24PM GMT
My great grandfather was Charles Stevenson who was married to Bertha .I have some information on R J Morrison that you might find interesting ,Al

Posted: 16 Nov 2013 6:39PM GMT
Al,
I would be thrilled to have any information on this family. An obituary stated Robert Morrison West died at the home of his cousin Mrs. E. G. Morrison in Chatham, so therefore their is a connection. R J also signed the death record for my husband's gr gr grandfather West. I am willing to exchange information with you that I have researched.
Thank you
Evelynn Cartwright
Kent County, Ontario

Posted: 17 Nov 2013 3:13PM GMT
Al,
I can be reached at ecartwr@mnsi.net
Thanks,
Evelynn

Posted: 12 Dec 2013 6:16AM GMT
Al,
I am not sure you received my reply. I would be very interested on your information about R.J. Morrison. My email address is ecartwr@mnsi.net
Evelynn
Kent County
per page

Find a board about a specific topic