Search for content in message boards

Early Kentucky Pioneers

Early Kentucky Pioneers

Posted: 12 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 May 2002 10:01PM GMT
Surnames: ALLEN, MARTIN, SCOTT
Elizabeth MARTIN's father and mother, John and Anna MARTIN, lived in Adair county in the early 1800s. Elizabeth married James G. ALLEN in Randolph county, Missouri in 1841. James was born in 1813 in Casey county, which is immediately north of Adair county. James' aunt, Peggy, married a SCOTT in there in the Adair region before moving to Illinois. We hope to correspond with other ALLEN/MARTIN/SCOTT searchers. Yours truly, Bill and Loydean ALLEN.

Martin's in Ky.

Beverly Sayles (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Martin
Hi Bill, My name is Bev. and I saw your post on the Adair Co., Ky. query forum about Elizabeth Martin. Was she possibly the daughter of James Martin? He had a daughter that was born about 1820 in Ky.(probably Adair Co.,Ky as that was where most of his children were born.) If so do you have any information on her famliy?(Like who the mother was or farther back on her father.)I have the rest of her siblings and approx. when they were born. My line is from his son Hartwell's line. I hope we can be of help to each other. Bev.

James Allen

Christy Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: ALLEN

Bill and Loydean: Is your James ALLEN, b. 1813, a son
of Robert ALLEN II and NANCY CHRISTERSON? I am
descended from their daughter Margaret ALLEN.

Re: Martin's in Ky.

Posted: 11 Nov 2002 10:58AM GMT
Edited: 28 Feb 2003 7:15PM GMT
Surnames: Martin
Hello,

My name is Sherry Long and I was wondering if your family tree included any of these people. Because I to have a Elizabeth Martin in my Tree as well she was My Great Grandpa John Salter Martin sister. Other sibling were

Louise Martin and Anna Martin and Jim Martin and Jean Martin. There were 6 children in all do not know the parents name but

John Salter Martin was born in KY in Feb. 24, 1893 That is really all I know about this family. Every one in my family that knew anything is already passed.
If anyone knows anything about these people please contact me either by e-mail: mwlong72121@yahoo.com
or by mail. Sherry Long / 596 Thomas Rd / Pangburn, AR. 72121. or by Phone: 501-728-2072 or 501-230-2750.

Thanks
Sherry Long

Re: Martin's in Ky.

Posted: 5 Jan 2003 12:48AM GMT
Edited: 5 Mar 2004 5:14AM GMT
Surnames: Martin, Thomas, Smith, Hutcherson, Butler
I have John Martin b. Abt. 1834 in Adair Co. and d. 1865 I believe in Green Co. Ky. or near Green and Adair line. He was shot and killed by a woman whose husband was killed by the vigillandies because he robbed a place. John Martin belonged to the vigillandies and may have possibly been the one who shot him. Does anyone know this story or where I might find information on it. This info is what has been passed down in the family. John married Martha A. (Pasty) Sharp and had two children; Joseph and John Hickman Martin, my ggrandfather. I wonder if John is related someway to the Hartwell Martin line? Thanks for any help on this.
Joyce
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions