Search for content in message boards

LOOKING FOR LOST COUSINS

LOOKING FOR LOST COUSINS

June (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LULLOFF, LOOS
Looking for descendants of HERMAN LULLOFF and MARIA. Believe they came to US from Germany some time before 1880. This family was related to my grandfather PETER LOOS, his brother JOHN LOOS and according to my mother who died last year a sister MARGARET LOOS lived with them. Mama also used to correspond with one of their children Gertrude I think. Mama also said that they had about 13 children. Would appreciate any and all help with this one. Thanks
June

Lulloff-Loos

Posted: 23 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 12:52PM GMT
Surnames: Lulloff, Loos
I couldn't swear to this on a stack of bibles, but I
believe both of your surnames are also prominent in
Northern Clark County.

And, I also couldn't swear to the spellings of the
names being the same but it may be worth looking into.

Fröhliche Weihnachten!
(Merry Christmas)

Regards
Robert Lipprandt
Posted: 3 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 12:52PM GMT
Surnames: Loos
Check the Clark County Bio's. Loos has been mentioned
a few times in the last week or so.

Regards,
Robert Lipprandt

Lost Family

June (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: LULLOFF, LOOS
I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS IS THE SAME FAMILY I AM LOOKING FOR. HERMAN AND MARIA LULLOFF CAME FROM GERMANY AND MARGARET LOOS A COUSIN CAME WITH THEM and settled in Sheboygan Co. WI. My Mama used to correspond with Margaret who was her Aunt and one of the Lulloff daughters who was named Gertrude. Mama said there was 13 children in all. Thank you anyway.
June

Lulloff/Loos

Thomas Lulloff (View posts)
Posted: 16 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
I?m not sure if this is the same Loos family. The father of Mary Loos mentioned below was born in Hessen-Darmstadt Germany in 1821.
I have this Loos family tree from 1821 to 1975. I do not see Margaret Loos mentioned or Peter.

Herman Lulloff was born 3/1/1854 in Sheboygan Co. WI. Died 2/28/1946, buried in St. Nazianz, Manitowoc County, WI.
Mary Loos was born 2/4/1851 State of New York Died 2/10/30
In Kiel WI. And is buried in St. Nazianz, WI.
Herman & Mary Lulloff owned and operated a hardware
Store in Kiel WI. called Lulloff Hardware and is still in business. They had four Children:

Fredrick b.6/10/1878 d.2/28/46

Clara Bennin nee Lulloff b. 11/17/1881 d. ?

John b. 6/10/1885 d. 3/23/26

William Lulloff b.7/27/l883 d.12/18/1947

William Lulloff was my grandfather.

Luloff/Lulloff/Lueloff

Posted: 5 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 19 Jul 2002 3:37AM GMT
Surnames: Lulloff, Lorentz, Lorenz, Gosse, Linde, Loos, Meyer, Meier
There were two Luloff (Iowa spelling) families that settled in Sheboygan and Manitowoc counties, near each other in late 1840's or very early 1850's. Frederick Lulloff (abt 1790-d. bef. 1870) and wife Dorthea Sophia Lorentz and Michael Lulloff (1796-1864) and wife Anna Sophia Lorenz. There is a strong possibility that these couples were brothers and sisters.

We have John Luloff (b. abt. 1820 - 1897, son of Michael & Sophia) who was grown when his parents came to Wisconsin. He remained in Germany and came at a later date - late 1860's possibly after the death of his wife, Henrietta Meyer/Meier. He went to Clark Co. by 1880 while his older children went to Iowa. It is a possibility that he could have had a son that has escaped all those researching these families.

Herman Gosse (b. 1854) husband of Mary Loos was a grandson of Frederick and Dorothea Sophia (Lorentz)Lulloff. Several children/grandchildren of Martin and Charlotte (Linde) Gosse married children/grandchildren of both Lulloff couples. The younger couples settled primarily in Clark County, Wisconsin and Buchanan County, Iowa. As mentioned in previous response there are a number Loos families in Clark County and area.

Lulloff/Loos Family

Posted: 21 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 3:24AM GMT
Surnames: Lulloff, Retlich, Roedlich, Voss, Axel, Achsel, Stark, Paul, Miller, Mueller
The Children of Herman Lulloff and Marie "Mary" Loos are:
Frederick b. 18 Jun 1848 in Schleswig, Manitowoc Co., WI
Philamina F. b. 18 Jan 1880--10 Apr 1880 Schleswig, Co.
Clara 11 Nov 1881 in Schleswig, Manitowoc Co.
William Henry b. 27 Jul 1883, Schleswig, Manitowoc Co.
John August b. 10 Jun 1885, Schleswig, Manitowoc Co.

Of the five children there are descendants of four of them.
Frederick mar. Marie "Mary" Kusterman and had 12 children.
Clara mar. August Bennin and had 10 children.
William Henry mar. Mary Rose Rauch and had 6 children.
John August mar. Josephine Kusterman and had 11 children.

Lulloff/Loos Family

Posted: 21 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 10 Jul 2001 3:24AM GMT
Surnames: Wisconsin, Lulloff, Retlich, Roedlich, Stark, Axel, Acksel, Voss, Miller, Muller, Paul
The death date for Frederick Lulloff, son of Herman and Mary Loos Lulloff is 28 October 1945 in Kiel, Manitowoc County, WI. His sister Clara died 18 Aug 1936 in Charlesburg, WI and was buried there in St. Charles Cemetery.

Herman was the son of Ludwig Lulloff and Wilhelmine "Tina" Voss. Ludwig was born in Claushagan, Pommerania, Prussia and Tina in Darmstat. Ludwig was the son of Frederick Lueloff and Dorthea Sophia Lorenz both born in Prussia.

Lost cousins

June (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Thank you for your response on Looking for Lost Cousins. I do not know if this is any connection to my lost cousins or not. I only know that Mama said that they were cousins of her father, that her Aunt Margaret went to live with them when she came from Germany and that Mama used to correspond with one daughter named Gertrude and that they lived in and around Manitowoc Co.and they had a total of 13 children. Also said that they had/lived on a dairy farm. I believe that Gertrude was born around the same time as Mama as she was near Mama's age. Mama was born in 1908. At one time we had a picture of Gertrude. This is all the information that I have. Grandfather came from Germany in the early 1880's (his brother John and sister Margaret) had came earlier. I found out that John settled in the New York area, and that Margaret went to live with Herman and Marie Lulloff in Manitowoc. Mama lost contact with this side of the family I believe around 1940.

June

Re: Lulloff/Loos Family

Karen (View posts)
Posted: 28 Nov 2001 8:17PM GMT
You wrote:
The Children of Herman Lulloff and Marie "Mary" Loos are:
Frederick b. 18 Jun 1848 in Schleswig, Manitowoc Co., WI
Philamina F. b. 18 Jan 1880--10 Apr 1880 Schleswig, Co.
Clara 11 Nov 1881 in Schleswig, Manitowoc Co.
William Henry b. 27 Jul 1883, Schleswig, Manitowoc Co.
John August b. 10 Jun 1885, Schleswig, Manitowoc Co.

I have the marriage date as 30 May 1876 ...long after the DOB for Frederick. Are you sure the DOB year for Frederick isn't 1878? or even 1888?

Thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic