Search for content in message boards

Davoli,Catanzarro,Calabria

Davoli,Catanzarro,Calabria

Posted: 24 Apr 2010 11:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pittelli,Vercillo,Ranieri,Corosaniti,Procopio
Looking for relatives in US and Italy with surnames Pittelli,Corosaniti, Vercillo,Ranieri,Procopio from Davoli and Catanzarro Marina.
BZ

Re: Davoli,Catanzarro,Calabria

Posted: 1 Mar 2011 8:42PM GMT
HI< just saw your post, i am just starting to do some reaserch, yes u are right, I have been to davoli, ect,I am pittelli, and know procopio up mixed up with us some how, I will be in touch

Posted: 3 Mar 2011 4:16PM GMT
HELLO.
I lOOK FORWARD TO YOUR REPLY..SEEMS THERE ARE MANY BRANCHES OF THESE LONG BLENDED FAMILIES..MY PITTELLI/VERCILLO'S LEFT ITALY AND WENT TO BROOKLYN,NEW YORK.
I ALSO LOOK FOREWARD TO HEARING ABT YOUR VISIT TO DAVOLI.MAYBE EVEN SEE SOME PIX?.
bb

Posted: 12 Nov 2011 2:32AM GMT
Surnames: Raneri
I posted this message on another Board about a Pietro Ranieri whose grave I found in Lee County, KY. I found out he came to the U.S. twice. He worked on the lock and dam in Lee County Ky. I wonder if there is a connection here as he was from the same place. Here is a link to my message with a picture of the headstone. He was in his early 20's when he drowned. Because of the age and the fact that he was so far from home, I have often wondered if he has any descendants. maxliv@att.net

http://boards.ancestry.com/localities.weurope.italy.general/...

Find a grave memorial
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSmpid=...;

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 5:31PM GMT
all the families you seek are in the Baltimore , md area. Some are related to my family but not others or paisani. Start with Averza, Barbieri, Battaglia, Corosanitti. Corapi, Cristofar, pitelliand then a huge contingent in Toronto Canada. The Rnieri clan is known as "ZARA". My father and all those i type used to get together at the pitellis and drink lots of wine, play scopa and briscola card. Also played a game called boss and second boss with wine drinking. Many a time they came home feeling no pain. Need more info reply some time. My father came to this country aroun 1912 or 13. When my brother and I were in Davoli the young people were amazed that we spoke the old dialect from that peiod of time. wish you luck, Pete Ranieri
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions