Search for content in message boards

Davoli,Catanzarro,Calabria

Davoli,Catanzarro,Calabria

Posted: 24 Apr 2010 11:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Pittelli,Vercillo,Ranieri,Corosaniti,Procopio
Looking for relatives in US and Italy with surnames Pittelli,Corosaniti, Vercillo,Ranieri,Procopio from Davoli and Catanzarro Marina.
BZ

Re: Davoli,Catanzarro,Calabria

Posted: 1 Mar 2011 8:42PM GMT
HI< just saw your post, i am just starting to do some reaserch, yes u are right, I have been to davoli, ect,I am pittelli, and know procopio up mixed up with us some how, I will be in touch

Posted: 3 Mar 2011 4:16PM GMT
HELLO.
I lOOK FORWARD TO YOUR REPLY..SEEMS THERE ARE MANY BRANCHES OF THESE LONG BLENDED FAMILIES..MY PITTELLI/VERCILLO'S LEFT ITALY AND WENT TO BROOKLYN,NEW YORK.
I ALSO LOOK FOREWARD TO HEARING ABT YOUR VISIT TO DAVOLI.MAYBE EVEN SEE SOME PIX?.
bb

Posted: 12 Nov 2011 2:32AM GMT
Surnames: Raneri
I posted this message on another Board about a Pietro Ranieri whose grave I found in Lee County, KY. I found out he came to the U.S. twice. He worked on the lock and dam in Lee County Ky. I wonder if there is a connection here as he was from the same place. Here is a link to my message with a picture of the headstone. He was in his early 20's when he drowned. Because of the age and the fact that he was so far from home, I have often wondered if he has any descendants. maxliv@att.net

http://boards.ancestry.com/localities.weurope.italy.general/...

Find a grave memorial
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSmpid=...;

Posted: 29 Dec 2012 5:31PM GMT
all the families you seek are in the Baltimore , md area. Some are related to my family but not others or paisani. Start with Averza, Barbieri, Battaglia, Corosanitti. Corapi, Cristofar, pitelliand then a huge contingent in Toronto Canada. The Rnieri clan is known as "ZARA". My father and all those i type used to get together at the pitellis and drink lots of wine, play scopa and briscola card. Also played a game called boss and second boss with wine drinking. Many a time they came home feeling no pain. Need more info reply some time. My father came to this country aroun 1912 or 13. When my brother and I were in Davoli the young people were amazed that we spoke the old dialect from that peiod of time. wish you luck, Pete Ranieri

Posted: 2 Feb 2015 5:06PM GMT
Hi. My dads mother is Beatrice Corapi. Her father is (Pietro Maria Domenico) Domenico Corapi and her mother Giavanna Magistro. Her dads mother was Maria Rosaria Vittoria Corasaniti my ( great great grandmother) I don't know much else. I am still trying to learn more if anyone can help me. Domenico's father was Pietro (Salvatore Pietro Mariano) Corapi my (great great grandfather

Posted: 9 Feb 2015 3:28PM GMT
hello....I have seen all the surnames you mentioned from Davoli,Calabria area in my years of searching my Vercillo/pittelli family....my grandmother Rosaria Vercillo Pittelli came over in 1904 and traveled with a Pietro Corasanti also from Davoli..the ship manefest says they went to Liberty Ave in Brooklyn to meet his brother Guiseppe... I dont know if this is your family because Davoli seems to have only about a dozen surnames in those days and most people seem to be related in some way or another....look up the passenger manafest and see if his age and discription may be your relative...There are also Corasanti's in upstate new york Syracuse area.....hope this helps...BB
per page

Find a board about a specific topic