Search for content in message boards

John Logie BAIRD

John Logie BAIRD

Jenni Abrahams (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jul 2000 12:36AM GMT
I'm looking for the family tree of John Logie Baird, the man who invented television. He died in London on 14 June 1946. Thank you.

John Logie Baird

Dorothy Baker (View posts)
Posted: 2 Aug 2000 10:38AM GMT
Jenni--I do not have JLB tree, but might can point youto someone who coud help. E-mail me at dbsrch@webtv.net

John Logie Baird

John Clarke Cowan (View posts)
Posted: 7 Apr 2001 8:05AM GMT
I see you are looking for JLB's Family tree.
My own tree converges with his through the marriage of John Baird and Elizabeth Logie at Falkirk on 24th Jan 1787.My line is from their Daughter Janet Baird b:24th Jan 1797 and JLB's line is from their son James b:5th April 1802.

John Cowan.

Re: John Logie Baird

Posted: 28 Sep 2007 3:14AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: RICHARDSON
John,
Do you know anything about the RICHARDSON connection thru JLB's dtr Diana?
I've recently been pointed at a letter to the editor of The Scotsman written by JLB's grandson John RICHARDSON of Ashington and as I have RICHARDSONs in Ashington, who seem unwilling to answer mail, I wondered if there might be a connection.
Regards
Lorna
http://familytree.lornahen.com/

Posted: 5 Jan 2009 9:13PM GMT
I too am looking for the family tree with special interest in John Baird who lived in Southampton in the late 40s through to 63 when I believe he died

Posted: 19 Feb 2010 3:04AM GMT
Hi,
So I'm looking for John Logie Baird's brother, and then possibly his brother's daughter or son, depending on if he had any. John Logie Baird was my great great great uncle, and the only person I've been able to find in any of my family history, and I'm trying to figure out how he ended up related to my grandmother and go from there. If you have gained any info on his family tree, would you mind sharing it with me? My email is pocket_full_of_sunshine.hallelujah@hotmail.com

Posted: 15 Jul 2010 12:40PM GMT
I am very interested in this family tree too as I believe he is related to me. I know that he married Margaret, their children are Diana and Malcolm, who have a son, Ian. Also John Logie's elder sister is Annie. Their father was Rev John Baird. That's as far as i've got.

Posted: 2 Sep 2010 4:04PM GMT
Hi I just wanted to ask you a quick question. I have always been told that John Logie Baird is my Grandmothers (i dont know how many great) grandfather. Her name is Appolina Reilly (was Baird before she married). Her sisters Margaret and Wilma stay in Melbourne, Austrailia and we stay in Scotland. My Grandmothers parents were John Baird and Elizabeth Mclean Caufield. Her grandparents on her Dads side were John Baird and Agnus (Kelso)Baird .
Thats a bit of a scroll though if you recognise anything let me know!

Samantha Reilly

Posted: 2 Sep 2010 4:07PM GMT
Hi I just wanted to ask you a quick question. I have always been told that John Logie Baird is my Grandmothers (i dont know how many great) grandfather. Her name is Appolina Reilly (was Baird before she married). Her sisters Margaret and Wilma stay in Melbourne, Austrailia and we stay in Scotland. My Grandmothers parents were John Baird and Elizabeth Mclean Caufield. Her grandparents on her Dads side were John Baird and Agnus (Kelso)Baird .
Thats a bit of a scroll though if you recognise anything let me know!

Samantha Reilly

Re: John Logie BAIRD

Posted: 2 Sep 2010 11:56PM GMT
he was either my grandads, grandad or great grandad. my grandad was norman anderson
per page

Find a board about a specific topic