Search for content in message boards

Anna M. Hansen; Denmark 1882 > Albert Lea, MN USA

Anna M. Hansen; Denmark 1882 > Albert Lea, MN USA

Posted: 25 Apr 2005 1:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Sep 2005 5:12PM GMT
Surnames: Andersen, Hansen, Nelson
Anders Christian Andersen left Tørslev Parish, Hjørring County, Denmark (just next to Hørby Parish) for America in 1882. He booked passage at Copenhagen on 7 March 1882 for Albert Lea, Minnesota. His occupation was farm hand.

Anders married Anna M. Hansen,26 Apr 1884 Owatonna, Steele Co. MN.
Anna M. Hansen also came from Denmark in 1882,

Anders Died 21 Oct 1889 Blooming Praire, Steele, Mn.

Anna then married Rasmus Nelson
Rasmus Nelson also came from Denmark in 1882,

we beleave that Anders, Anna, Rasmus all knew each other in Denmark, but not sure Please help, we just was in Denmark for 3 weeks and were unable to obtain any information. As we did not unstand Danish and the help at Vibor tried to help but there English was as bad as my Danish, we found some information but it can't be proved.

Re: Anna M. Hansen; Denmark 1882 > Albert Lea, MN USA

Torben Sørensen (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2005 6:50AM GMT
Edited: 26 Apr 2006 6:41PM GMT
Surnames: Andersen
Do you have any birth dates and places?

I can find an Anders Andersen in the emmigration database that matches your data, age 23 in 1882. Is this the one? And are you certain? There are two Torslev Parishes in Hjørring county (Torslev, not Tørslev). And there are other villages called Torslev in Hjørring. I can't find a Tørslev in Hjørring county, but there are several in other counties.

Have you checked their naturalisation records and death certificates? I have heard that birth places and dates are often mentioned in these records.

Torben

Re: Anna M. Hansen; Denmark 1882 > Albert Lea, MN USA

Posted: 20 Sep 2005 9:25PM GMT
Edited: 21 Sep 2005 5:14PM GMT
Torben, Sorry it been so long in getting back to you, but for some reason I did not get your reply, I was just looking today and saw where you added to my message, and yes for Anders I am about 95% sure of the place, we went there on our trip to Denmark and we found information on Anders sister son and we also found the farm where they had lived, my biggest problem is I listen to my traval agent and he told me we would have no problem because all Dane's knew english, in the main town that was true but in the small villages it was just the oppset. but the people were great they tried to help as much as they could, we hope to go back again in the next 2 to 3 years but next time we will be more prepaired
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions