Search for content in message boards

Richard Stringfellow

Richard Stringfellow

Posted: 17 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Nov 2003 1:26AM GMT
I'm searching for any info on my great-great grandfather, Richard Stringfellow, and his family. I believe he was born during the late 1830s. I'm not sure where he lived in Alabama, but according to the 1850 census index, there was a Stringfellow familly living in Russell County then. One of his sons, William Jackson Stringfellow, was my great grandfather. William moved to Douglasville, GA in the late 1800s. The only other thing I know about Richard is that he enlisted into the Confederate army as a private in company K of the 45th AL Infantry at Loachapoka and was killed in the latter part of the war (late 1864 or 1865), possibly in
Tennessee. Any info on Richard or his descendents would be greatly appreciated.

Stringfellow

Posted: 18 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
No, unfortunately the only child of Richard I have info on is William Jackson, who was born in 1854 and died in 1920. Thanks for the response.

Matilda Stringfellow - Russell Co

Posted: 18 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 2:41AM GMT
Surnames: Stringfellow, Kite
Do you have information on other children of Richard? I have a Matilda Stringfellow, parents unknown, b. Dec. 15, 1858, who married Robert S. Kite. They lived in Russell Co.

Re: Richard Stringfellow

Sandi Stringfellow Bobitt (View posts)
Posted: 1 Feb 2003 3:57AM GMT
Surnames: Stringfellow, Hill
I think I have some information on Stringfellows in Lee county.
My immediate family is from Tennessee area but many of ancestors migrated to Mississippi and Alabama and Arkansas

Re: Richard Stringfellow

Posted: 4 Feb 2003 2:46AM GMT
Surnames: STRINGFELLOW
Thank you very much for responding to my query about Richard Stringfellow. I am very interested in the info you have about the Stringfellow family from Lee County, AL. I'm not sure exactly where my Stringfellow ancestors lived in AL, but there is a good possibility that they may have been from Lee County, since Pvt. Richard Stringfellow enlisted into company K of the 45th AL Infantry (CSA) in Macon County on 15 MAR 1862 and appears on a muster-in roll at Loachapoka (Lee Co.) the same day.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic