Search for content in message boards

John T. Lenes

John T. Lenes

Posted: 17 May 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Jan 2003 1:30AM GMT
Surnames: Lenes
Hi, I'm looking for information regarding John T. Lenes who lived in the Thirteen Towns area of Polk County.

He, his wife Gjertrude and son Tollef, emigrated from Tonseth, Norway in 1872 and came to the Polk County area after a short stay at Sauk Centre.

They had several more children after arriving in America by the names Joe and Carl and I believe they also had a daughter by the name of Anna.

Both John and Gjertrude died in the late 1920's or early '30's.

I believe several of the children including Carl and Joe lived in the Fosston area.

My ggrandfather Carl, married Alma Larson and moved to Alberta Canada in the '30's.

Any information on this family would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much.

Re: John T. Lenes

Posted: 7 Oct 2001 11:22AM GMT
Edited: 24 Mar 2002 5:17AM GMT
Hi Kelly
I`l try to help you.
John T Lenes & Gjertru emigrated from Tønset to Tumuli,MN
in 1875. with children: Tollev 1855 , Peder 1856 & Anne 1859

Members of Østerdalslaget in Am. 1924 (1200 mem.) I can se surname Lenes;
T. J. from Tønset Fosston MN
Mrs. Beret " "
Ida "
Elise " "
Hilda " "
Tønset ar to day Tynset
I `l try to find some one ho can give you mush more info.
You mey pleace give me your E-mail directly
Ola

Posted: 9 Oct 2001 8:41PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jan 2003 1:30AM GMT
Thanks for the information Ola, I do have some information on the family and have traced them back to a Tollef Arnesen Ramsoen and Anne Johnsdatter in Tonset to at least 1824.

Apparently Anne Johnsdatter was married prior to marrying Tollef Arnesen but her first husband drowned. I believe she inherited the farm Brukroken from her first husband which was subsequently taken over by John Tollefsen.

Anne's father's name was John Pedersen Fadal.

Any information that you might have or corrections on what I now have, would be greatly appreciated.

My direct e mail is clanmacg@telusplanet.net

Thanks Ola.

Posted: 30 Jun 2010 1:36AM GMT
Hi John: My name is Tonee and I had a uncle who's name was Peder Albertson Lenes. He came over to America about 1906 and married my great aunt Tillis Keiffer. I believe he settled in Stanley, Wisconsin for a while. He may have had a relative named anna Lenes. Are you any relation? Thank you Tonee Bertalan

Posted: 11 Jun 2012 1:43AM GMT
The John T. Lenes in my ancestry came from Norway in 1871. He, with his family settled in Minnesota. He had a son named Peter (Peder) but our family records indicate Peter died in 1871 in Norway, prior to their emigration.
I don't beieve our John T. Lenes is related to your Peder Lenes.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions