Search for content in message boards

Everitt family in Champaign Co.

Everitt family in Champaign Co.

Posted: 23 Oct 2003 3:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Nov 2003 5:40PM GMT
Surnames: Everitt/Everett
I am looking for information about the family of Epenetus/Epenetes Everitt/Everett. A family member showed me a paper that stated Ep died in Champaign Co., OH in 1854. We have one son listed for him, Ezekiel Everitt. We are trying to solidify a connection between our Ezekiel and Ep's son Ezekiel. Help?

Re: Everitt family in Champaign Co.

Sandi Ksocak (View posts)
Posted: 24 Oct 2003 1:06PM GMT
According to the 1860 census of ChampaignCo, Ephenus Everett was living in 1860. If Ezekiel was a son, he must have been born to a first wife. Ephanus md Sarah Jane Pickering 2/27/41851 and xensus records show children, John, Columbus, Ben F, Ephanus Jr, Jane, Johnson and Sarah. I have not ever locaked an Ezeziel in the census records for Champaign Co. Do you have more info on him? I will try to help any way I can with the info from Champaign County.

Posted: 24 Oct 2003 2:27PM GMT
Your info is correct about that Epenetus, but I am refering to Epenetes Sr. . .would be the father of the Ep in the 1860 census. My epenetus supposedly died in 1854. I have been searching the 1850 census for sr just to see if there are two listed. I will keep looking.

Sandi Koscak (View posts)
Posted: 25 Oct 2003 10:56PM GMT
Since he was not in Champaign County, what county do you think he might be in?

Posted: 26 Oct 2003 4:29AM GMT
Surnames: Everitt
The name is so weird . .I am checking the variations and strange spellings in the 1850 census for Champaign co. Since both the last name and the first name could be spelled numerous ways, I can only guess where he is. I am not certain about anything at this point . .I am looking for any information that might concretely point to Epenetus Sr or Ezekiel . .anything that might connect Ep Sr. to Ohio or to his son Ezekiel.

Sandi Koscak (View posts)
Posted: 26 Oct 2003 1:45PM GMT
Since Ezekial does not appear in the census as a child, later, can you tell me the birth date of Ezekiel, and in what census you first found him? I will try to help

Posted: 26 Oct 2003 5:04PM GMT
Surnames: everitt
According to Ezekiel's gravestone in Vinton Co., OH, he was born 11/6/1780 and died 1/20/1860. He married Charity Reed in New Jersey. She died about 1815 . .we do not know where. Then he married Mary Wiggins. Mary is the mother of our Darius who was born 9/24/1816 in Ohio.
As of this moment, I have not been able to find Ezekiel in any census records . .only through letters written by another cousin's great grandmother.

Posted: 31 Oct 2012 2:15AM GMT
I realize your post is old, but here is information I have:
Epenetus Everett Sr. was born in 1777, place unknown and died in 1838 in Kingswood, Hunterdon, NJ. Parents were Ezekiel and Mary Everett. I have 3 wives for him Mary Young, Elizabeth Wismer, and Abigail Vannoy.

I believe someof the information on dates are wrong, but here is what I have on Jr: Epenetus Jr. born Dec 1800 in Kingwood, Hunterdon, NJ (Mother was (Mary Young). He married Anna (Nancy) Rittenhouse in 1828 in Hunterdon. They had children Joseph, Epenetus III, Elizabeth, Ezekiel, Josiah, William, Zenas, Redden, and Mahlon. Mahlon was the last born in 1842 and his mother died in 1848. Epenetus then married Susannah Jane Pickering in 1851. I don't have any children listed for them. Epenetus died in 1885.

I have children listed under Epenetus, Sr. and Elizabeth Wismer: Josiah, Levi, Elizabeth,Zenus, and Epenetus N. I have no sourse for this information other than the internet, so consider it suspect.

Epenetus moved to Ohio between 1826 and 1830, as per letter from nephew Cornelius Quick (sister Mary's son) to Zenas Everitt dated 1867. Cornelius lists Epenetus's children as Ezekiel, twins Epenetus and Zenas, William, Joshiah the oldest, 3 daughters-one of whom married George Flowers.

In a census list, his name is written as "Neitis".

So, let me know how this fits with your information.

Posted: 1 Nov 2012 1:38PM GMT
This is the information I have accumulated on the Everett family in Champaign Co, OH.
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~evilsizer/...

(This link changes when I update the database each quarter)
I would love to add your information and share stats so that I can make additions and corrections... You may also email me personally at sandi.j.koscak@gmail.com, or look over my Champaign County web pages at
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~champaign/

Posted: 1 Nov 2012 6:02PM GMT
Thanks Sandi, I'll have a look.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic