Posted: 30 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: Adams, Davis, Martin, Scott, Tinsley
Nowata Star
126 E. Cherokee St.
Nowata, OK 74048
April 18, 2001
Permission for archiving obituaries given by Phillip Reid, Publisher

Funeral services for Etta Mae Tinsley, 87, Tulsa and formerly of Lenapah, who died Sunday, April 8, 2001 in the Tulsa Regional Medical Center, were held Saturday, April 14 in the St. Paul Baptist Church in Lenapah. The Reverend Clarence Downing officiated and interment followed in the Hickory Creek Cemetery northeast of Lenapah under the direction of Benjamin Funeral Service of Nowata.

Etta Mae began this life January 30, 1914 in La Grange, Texas as the daughter of Jim and Alice Francis Scott. She met and was later united in marriage with James Tinsley in 1929 at Marland, Texas. Etta moved to Lenapah as a young lady and remained there until 1955 when she moved to Tulsa. Now retired, Mrs. Tinsley had worked as a Nurse's Aide at St. Johns Hospital in Tulsa. She was a member of St. Paul Baptist Church in Lenapah and the Order of the Eastern Star.

Mrs. Tinsley is survived by two sons: James Tinsley, Jr. and John Tinsley, both of Tulsa; by one brother, Jessie Scott of Lenapah; by one sister, Dora Davis also of Lenapah; by ten grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; by other relatives and her many friends.

She was preceded in death by her husband, James Tinsley, Sr. on November 4, 1986; by two daughters: Cora Lee Tinsley and Mary Lue Tinsley; by one son, Frank Tinsley; by her parents, Jim and Alice Scott; by three brothers: Jethro, Samuel P. and James Scott and by two sisters: Ruth M. Martin and Beatrice Adams.

Re: TINSLEY, Etta Mae

Larry J. Harding (View posts)
Posted: 3 Feb 2002 10:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Frank Tinsley was married to my mother Ruby Powell maiden name. He drowned in Lake Keystone in 1975 while fishing. Jessie Scott was marride to my grand mother Pauline Powell until she died in 1972. I lived with Mrs. Tinsley for a short time in Tulsa.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic