Search for content in message boards

Wellsville,Six Mile ,TN

Wellsville,Six Mile ,TN

Ronda (View posts)
Posted: 19 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Melson, Smith
I am looking for information on the Wellsville(now Six Mile) area.I am curious about history of the area our home is located in.Former residents were the Melson family.Blaine Melson married Jim Smith.They had no children.This family is buried at Williamson Chapel.Looking for any info on this family or this area of Blount County.

Absolem Melson,Tenn3-1827

Posted: 18 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2003 6:37PM GMT
Surnames: Melson
Blount County Inquiries. RE: Melson
We have traced my husband acestors to Absolem Melson, born
March, 1827 in Tennessee. Married to Elizabeth she was born
August 1837. The later moved to Iowa. But we ar trying to
locate their marriage license and who their parents were.
This is just about all the info we have to date.

Wellsville

Posted: 7 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Sep 2003 9:40AM GMT
Surnames: Wells, Belt
Ronda,
I live in the Lanier Commmunity of Blount County. My mother has lived here all her life, she is 84 years old. I asked her about the Wellsville area. Following is some of the information she remembers. Johnny Wells had a mill in this area where my mothers family and others brought their grains to be ground into flour and meal. This Wells family is probably who Wellsville is named for. Ova Lindsey also ran a store there during this time. Her fathers last named was Belt. I remember going into this store myself as a child. Mother remembered that there was a Melson family there also, but did not know any information about them.

wellsville road

prudie jaeger (View posts)
Posted: 23 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: wells, belt
my great grand father , steven wells. my great uncle john b. wells own the mill in later years, my grand father lonnie wells live there untill 1908 move to monore co. ; my father was william w. wells; love to here from you;
the wells were from blount co. tn.

prudie wells jaeger

Prudie Well Jaegar

Carol Bible (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2000 12:00PM GMT
Hello Prudie, please contact me. I have lost your address and number. GRIFFITTS LINE
per page

Find a board about a specific topic