Search for content in message boards

Rankmore

Posted: 13 Mar 2006 9:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Oct 2012 10:17AM GMT
Surnames: Rankmore, Morrow
In Australia, an Andrew Rankmore married a lady called Mary Jane around 1890-1900. I am trying to find out her maiden name. Can anyone help? They at least 2 children, Ansell (born 1903) and Charles. Andrew is the son of George Rankmore and Eliza Morrow.
Sara

Re: Rankmore

elizabeth liddicoat (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2006 2:24AM GMT
SARA, There is no marriage listed in any state for Andrew under the spelling Rankmore but his children are listed as follows from the bdm index www.bdm.nsw.gov.au

Ansell born 1903 Dubbo
Adella b. 1898 Dubbo
Lila b. 1894 Warren
Herbert b. 1892 Dubbo
Emily b. 1884 Dubbo

no listing for Charles birth in n.s.w.
are you sure that he didn't marry in say england or elsewhere and come here after. Have you checked immigration records?
LIZ

Posted: 15 Mar 2006 4:16AM GMT
As far as I know Andrew Rankmore and Mary Jane met in Austrlia, and stayed here, though it might be possible that they were in another state when they got married. It's also possible that they were never married, and lived in a de facto relationship. It would just help so much if I could find out Mary Jane's maiden name.
Charles Rankmore might have been born after 1905 (when the bmd indexes end).
thanks,
Sara

elizabeth liddicoat (View posts)
Posted: 15 Mar 2006 8:10AM GMT
Sara, I have a CD with births up to 1918 for n.s.w.

there is a Charles RANKMORE born in 1892 in Grenfell
reg. no. 15609
father....not listed
mother Roseanna

this sort of listing is usually a child of an unmarried mother.

LIZ

Posted: 19 Apr 2006 5:11AM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2006 11:26PM GMT
Hi Sara,
Not much but Mary Janes parents seem to be David and Caroline and she seems to have died 1947 Young. There is a birth for a Mary J BOGIE 1862 at Armidale??? Another for a Mary UNDERWOOD but at Braidwood which is a far way away.

GOT ITTTTTT!!!!
2832/1878 RENKMORE ANDREW BOGIE MARY A COONAMBLE

Male Childrens deaths
Edward David 1954 Orange
Charles Andrew 1956 Walgett
Ansell Gordon 1971 Liverpool
Arthur Lloyd 1972 Dubbo
and what appears to be Herbert but listed as Bertred Herbert 1975 father listed as George Andrew???

Ansell was in the War so may be worth getting his War Records etc and checking for others at
www.naa.gov.au
Title
RANKMORE ANSELL GORDON : Service Number - NX96095 : Date of birth - 20 Jul 1903 : Place of birth - DUBBO NSW : Place of enlistment - PADDINGTON NSW : Next of Kin - RANKMORE IRENE

hehehehehehe
Kellie

Posted: 19 Apr 2006 5:16AM GMT
Edited: 18 Nov 2006 11:26PM GMT
Hi,
Forgot to add the other births,,,
11637/1881 RENKMORE CHARLES ANDREW.. ANDREW .. MARY ANN DUBBO

The name change might just be a spelling error or even transcription error or maybe even just whoever typed them into the NSW database wasn't thinking that day??
Who knows,,,,made for a good hunt tho...hehe

Kellie

Re: Rankmore NSW Australia

Posted: 9 Feb 2008 8:09PM GMT
Surnames: Rankmore, Morton, Bogie
Hi Sara
I have a lot of information on the RANKMORES for my grand mother was Lila Jane RANKMORE who was the Daughter of Andrew George RANKMORE and Mary Jane BOGIE.
Andrew and Mary were married in 1878 in Coonabarabran NSW Australia. They had 9 children in all;

Edward David Thomas RANKMORE b. Sept 1879
Arthur Lloyd RANKMORE b. abt. 1880
Charles Arthur RANKMORE b. abt. 1881
Emily Elizabeth RANKMORE b. abt. 1884
Herbert Bertred RANKMORE b.17/6/1892
Lila Jane RANKMORE b. 2/11/1894
Adella May RANKMORE b.15/5/1898
Ansell Gordon RANKMORE b.20/7/1903
Linda R RANKMORE b. abt 1897

Lila married John Percy MORTON.

I look forward to hearing from you, or any other researchers interested in the above names.

Regards
Jeff

Re: Rankmore NSW Australia

Posted: 30 Oct 2012 7:08AM GMT
Hi Jeff,
Thanks for all that information! I'd love to see any other information you have on the Rankmores/Bogies.

Ansell was my great grandfather. He married Irene May Bolton in 1933, and died in 1971. They had a son, Reginald (my grandfather), but he died in 1979. Reg's wife and son are still living. Irene only died in the last few years, but I can't recall the exact date.

Do you know much about Andrew or Mary Jane?

Andrew's parents were George Wrankmore and Eliza Morrow, married in 1949 at Jerry's Plains in NSW. George dropped the 'W' from his name prior to the marriage though. He came over as a convict on the Strathfieldsaye in 1836, after being convicted of stealing his own toolbox in 1835 in Bristol. I don't know anything about him prior to that though, I am trying to find out about his parents.
Not sure about Eliza, there were a number of Eliza/Elizabeths that immigrated to Australia in the 1840s, but I'm not yet sure which is the right one. Any help with that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Sara
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions