Posted: 3 Feb 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Feb 2002 9:55PM GMT
Surnames: Eli Washington Johnson, John Presley
I'm looking for information on Eli Washington Johnson and
John or Sam Presley.

Re: Johnson and Presley of Illinois

Posted: 8 Aug 2001 4:25PM GMT
I've just purchased some books from the Calhoun Historical Society. One of them is "Pioneer Obits of Calhoun County, IL". The following on a E. W. Johnson is printed on page 80.

Johnson, E. W.
December 8, 1901. E. W. Johnson, commonly known as "Dodge Johnson", was found dead on his farm about one mile northeast of Batchtown last Monday morning. Mr. Johnson has been in poor health for several years but we are unable to state the cause of his sudden demise. He was one of Richwood Precinct's prominent farmers and well-known in Calhoun. He was an aged man and has spent a large portion of his life in Richwood Precinct. Up to the hour of our going to press we were unable to get any particulars of his death and find out any of his history. The remains were laid to rest Wednesday at 11 o'clock in the Wilson Cemetery. Mr. Johnson leaves several relatives and a host of friends; to these the HERALD extends its sympathy.

There is nothing on John or Sam Presley. I have other books also. If I can be of help, please email me.

Good Luck
Lori Hunt Zierden
Thx4notcn1@aol.com

Posted: 3 Sep 2001 4:22PM GMT
Edited: 9 Feb 2002 9:55PM GMT
Thank you so much!
Gerry

Posted: 2 Apr 2002 5:30PM GMT
Surnames: Presley, Pressley, Johnson
Did you find what you are looking for? There was a John Sam Pressley that married Myrtle Johnson in 1909, daughter of Eli; Myrtle's grandmother was a Pressley also. Email me if you want my info.
Claire

Posted: 28 Apr 2002 1:50PM GMT
Edited: 6 Jan 2003 11:12PM GMT
Please send me any information that you have. I'm having a
hard time finding out about my grandfather John Presley.
Thank You Gerry

Ray B (View posts)
Posted: 14 Jan 2003 9:01PM GMT
Surnames: Johnson--Reeves--Mcdonald--Bell
I'm looking for relatives of Eli Washington Johnson and his wife Emily Katherine Reeves/Johnson....My grandmother was their daughter Martha Jane Johnson [always went by Jane or Janie] who married Roland Jerry Mcdonald. They had two daughters, my mother Alta Mcdonald and her younger sister Marjorie. In the 1920 census I found them in Madison Co with a son Roland Jr who was 2 1/2 yrs. Jane and Roland later divorced and both remarried. My grandmother gave my mother Alta to Walter & Abbie Boyer sometime after 1920 and before 1928 because that's when my mother married my father Harvey L Bell. Janie was known to have raised only ONE child, her daughter Marjorie. Hoping to find info on Roland Jr but it would also be great just connecting with other relatives.
I have additional family info to share with relatives willing to do the same............
Thank you

Posted: 14 Jan 2003 9:27PM GMT
Edited: 23 Mar 2003 5:27PM GMT
I have some info on siblings of Emily Katherine Reeves, and some on her parents, grands., etc. I am a descendent of John Reeves, b. 1806 Tennessee. I am not sure, but he may have been Emily's grandfather. His daughter Malinda is my gr-gr-gr-grandmother. I have an email address for someone who knows alot more about this; if you will get in touch with me directly, I will give it to you.

Ray B (View posts)
Posted: 15 Jan 2003 7:54PM GMT
Claire,
I sent you an email but I decided to also reply here just in case I made a mistake on the address.
Thank you for your reply.
Yes I would like to exchange info with you on Johnson-Reeves. I have "Malinda Reeves" in my files as well as Emily's parents-grandparents.
Please feel free to email me privately.
thanx again........................
Ray B

Linda Ebers (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2003 4:47AM GMT
Surnames: Reeves Johnson Hagen
Hi Claire, I would be interested in the information you have. Emily Reeves was my Gr-Grandmother. Also, are you related to Chris B. Hagen? He was a good friend of my Father, Joe Primas. Thank you, Linda.

frances (View posts)
Posted: 10 Apr 2004 2:06AM GMT
Surnames: Reeves,Labby,Johnson
Hi. I am looking for information on Mary J. Reeves who married Peter Labby. Mary's parents were John Reeves (from Tenn believe he is the same John Reeves you have in your line) and Mary 'Polly' Johnson. Mary J Reeves and Peter Labby married in Calhoun Co 1862. They had two children: Sarah born aprx 1864-65 and Stephen born around 1868. On the 1870 census of Calhoun Co. both children are living with Mary's brother Stephen (also born in Tenn) and his wife. Would like to find out any info on her husband Peter Labby.
Thanks.
Frances.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic