Search for content in message boards

Need information on Fordwich Presybertain Cemetery

Need information on Fordwich Presybertain Cemetery

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 6:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Feb 2013 12:06PM GMT
Surnames: Campbell, Vance, Wiggins, Johnston
I am looking for the birth and death dates and if available the maiden name of the wife.
I use to have the transcripts for this cemetery and gave it away a few years ago. The "lookup service" on the Huron county Genweb site, will show my name with a revised list.
The names I a looking for are.
Campbell, Samuel
Campbell, George who married Addie/Adeline Vance
Campbell, Edward and his wife Mary????
Campbell, Margaret Ann who married John Johnston
Campbell, Mary Ann who married John Wiggins ( maybe not be buried at this cemetery)
The rest of the family is buried at Redgrave, which I have or in Manitoba or Saskatchewan.
I am prepared to purchased the transcript for this cemetery if I needed.
Thank-you
Sheila

Re: Need information on Fordwich Presybertain Cemetery

Posted: 24 Feb 2013 3:57PM GMT
Edited: 25 Feb 2013 3:17PM GMT
Surnames: Campbell, Wiggins, Johnston
Fordwich Presbyterian Cemetery:

#3: Edward Campbell 1844 - 1936 h/w Mary Campbell 1854 - 1937

#48: John Wiggins D. Nov 16, 1915 aged 59 years (No wife mentioned)

# 59: John Harris Johnston d. March 12, 1920 aged 75 years h/w Margaret Campbell d. March 30, 1923 aged 75 years

Fordwich Public Cemetery:

#209: George Campbell April 12, 1846 - Dec 29, 1924 h/w Adeline Vance Nov 23, 1852 - Jan 27, 1922

I did not see the others in the transcripts of either cemetery.

Regards
Jim

Posted: 24 Feb 2013 5:22PM GMT
Edited: 25 Feb 2013 3:18PM GMT
Surnames: Campbell
Thank-you very much for the information.
It is a great help to me.
Made my day as my computer been [ill] and had to format it.
I wonder what became of Samuel Campbell whose is suppose to be buried at the Fordwich Pres Cemetery
In and out dates are:
November 27,1839 -November 24,1925. I understand he was not married.
Thanks again for your help.
Sheila

Posted: 24 Feb 2013 5:44PM GMT
Edited: 25 Feb 2013 3:19PM GMT
Surnames: Campbell, Mitchell, Baker
From ancestry.ca:

Samuel Campbell born Ireland Nov 27, 1839 died Palmerston on Nov 24, 1925 Father - Edward Campbell, Mother Mary Ann Mitchell
The informant on the death registration number 034640 was his nephew George A. Baker. He was buried in Fordwich on Nov 26, 1925

He may not have a stone in the cemetery or the stone may be unreadable in either case there would be no transcript for him.

Jim

Posted: 24 Feb 2013 5:58PM GMT
Edited: 25 Feb 2013 3:21PM GMT
Surnames: Niblo, Niblow, Niblock.
Thank-you. I have a copy of his death, but not of for sure where he was buried. The death certificate says Fordwich
I can't find me in most of the census, except in 1861 For Simcoe county, then 1871 , maybe 1881 at home with his parents, Edward and Mary Ann.
It is really strange about the last name, as her maiden name was Niblo/Niblow/Niblock.
There is a Mitchell who is married to a Niblo in Simcoe County in Beeton, and I feel they are related. Can't prove it.
The records for Ireland are awful!!!! :^(
Also having a hard time, for when they enter Canada.
It appears they were in the USA first where Mary Ann gave birth to a daughter Catherine, who on various census states one time US, US again , ONtario, and also Pennsylvian.
Oh the joy ..... of this.
Thanks again for your help.
Maybe Samuel is buried with his parents???
Need to get a hold of the Cemetery records.
Sheila
P.S. Can you help you with anything?

Posted: 24 Feb 2013 11:50PM GMT
I can check the Listowel paper and see if there is an obit for Samuel. It will likely take a couple of weeks before I can do so.

Jim

Posted: 25 Feb 2013 2:09AM GMT
Thank-you again for your great offer. I understand that the records for the Fordwich cemetery ( Presybererain ) are at the Listowel Library.... maybe again, that is wishful thinking of my part.
Thanks for your help.
Sheila

Posted: 7 Mar 2013 10:34PM GMT
This obituary appears in the Atwood Bee of Dec 3, 1925.

Since it agrees with the death registration for Samuel, I believe that he is indeed buried in one of the two cemeteries in Fordwich, but which one ?

Jim
Attachments:

Re: information on Fordwich Presybertain Cemetery

Posted: 8 Mar 2013 12:37AM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2013 1:02PM GMT
Surnames: Campbell
Thank-you very much for the obit of Samuel Campbell.
I sent away for the transcripts of both cemeteries and as of today have NOT received them. It has been at least four weeks.
For the past three weeks, I have been searching for the Campbell family in the ship passenger listing. NO luck there.
As the one child was suppose to be born in United States and her birthday date is July 13,1852. Have narrow down my search from Feb 15,1850 when Mary Ann was born in Ireland until the birth of Catherine.
I think , it been mentioned that Catherine date of birth has been tossed around to be anywhere from 1851-1856. In the census it has her born in the US, Penn, and one of them states, Ontario.
What a mess!
Again thank-you so much for your help.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic