Search for content in message boards

The Ball Family of Lancaster County, Virginia

The Ball Family of Lancaster County, Virginia

Posted: 29 Jan 2010 8:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 May 2012 5:11PM GMT
Surnames: Ball, Lee, Payne, Morris
I am looking for information on the Ball Family which included Sarah Morris-Payne-Ball-Lee, who was last married to John Lee. Sarah was married three times with Robert Wesley Ball. Robert Wesley was married first to a Mary Wiggins and had several children by Mary Wiggins-Ball, who were Mamie Ball-Rhoades, Frederick Ball, Edward Ball and a Maryian Ball. And amongst Sarah's children with Robert Wesley Ball was Daniel Wayland Ball, Louie Ball, Hazel Ball-Sinclair. And Daniel Ball had several children, one was: Doris Elizabeth Ball who married a Wendell Ball whose father was William Ryland Ball Jr from Nuttsville, Lancaster, Virginia, and another child of Robert Wesley Ball and Sarah Morris-Ball was Robert Daniel Ball. There are others not mentioned. Robert Wesley Ball father's name was Robert Ball who was married to a Ellen Saunders or Ellen Sanders. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: The Ball Family of Whitestone, Lancaster County, Virginia

Posted: 30 Jan 2010 9:50PM GMT
Surnames: Allison, Ashworth, Ball, Barnett, Freeman, Plummer, etc.
Can you please give more info such as dates and places. I have BALL and PAYNE all over my family.
Joe McDonald
joemcdo@flash.net

Posted: 6 Feb 2010 3:44AM GMT
I found out that Sarah's maiden name was Morris. Sarah's birth is estimated around 1891, and John Lee's birthday is estimated around 1890. So Sarah's marriages went like this
Sarah Morris (maiden name), Sarah Payne, Sarah Ball and finally Sarah Lee.

Posted: 21 Feb 2011 4:03AM GMT
I have them between 1836 and the 1900s.

Posted: 23 Feb 2011 1:03AM GMT
I am related to the Balls in that area. My grandfather was
Alonzo(Lonnie)Ball. He lived in Weems, Lancaster Co., VA. He had a 2 brothers that I know of Levi, who lived in Weems and Willie who lived in White Stone. There was a sister, Molly, who lived in Weems.According to the 1910 census the Father was Jessie, mother, Fannie, Children: Levy, William,
Alonzo, Atilia(sp), and Fannie. I only new my grandfather, Uncle Willie, Uncle Levi and Aunt Molly. I know Uncle Willie had children, but I don't remember any of them, Aunt Molly had two or three kids. Martha Ellen who my sister is still in contact with, she is in Weems.

Posted: 27 Feb 2011 3:01AM GMT
I have yet to come across this set of Balls while researching my tree, but I believe that there is a connection. I have to get more information of the grandparents or great grandparents.

Posted: 28 Feb 2011 6:50PM GMT
Surnames: Ball, Crowley
My grandfather was Alonzo (Lonnie) Ball Crowley. I have often wondered where that name came from as it is unique within our Crowley line. These Crowley's descend from Jeffrey of Virginia, went south to Georgia then across MS and AL to TX and ultimately to SW Colorado and NW New Mexico. I think the Crowley's were neighbors with some Ball's in MS or AL but haven't had the time yet to follow that thread. At any rate that may be where the relationship came from. It is weird to encounter the same name "Alonzo (Lonnie) Ball ..." isn't it?

Posted: 16 May 2012 5:20PM GMT
I have more information concerning The Ball Family that you have mentioned and found out that Fannie is my great grand aunt, my great grandfather's sister. I am sending you my phone number through your profile page. Wow.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions