Search for content in message boards

Jessie/Jesse/Jack Sanders/ Mississippi

Jessie/Jesse/Jack Sanders/ Mississippi

Posted: 25 Aug 2003 3:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am still looking for parents or siblings of Jessie Olan [aka Jesse, aka Jack] Sanders, born 1898 in Alabama. Lived in Leake County, Mississippi and moved to Sledge, Quitman County, Mississippi by 1930. Married to Annie Mae Lum McKay. Thank you.

Re: Jessie/Jesse/Jack Sanders/ Mississippi

Debbie S. Bounds (View posts)
Posted: 22 Apr 2004 3:55AM GMT
Kathy,
I am a granddaughter of Jesse Sanders of Sledge, MS.
My daddy was Huey Sanders.
I am sending you some pictures of the Sanders Family.
In one of the pictures - if you look from left to right is Grandpa Sanders, Grandma Sanders, Your Dad, Preston, My Daddy, Huey, and the oldest brother Tom, who is Jean Sanders's Daddy. Uncle Dud, Keith Sartain's Dad is squatting on the ground in front of Grandma and your Dad.

The other picture is from left to right -Uncle Dud, Ralph Ray Sanders (He is the baby boy of the family), Huey, William Sanders (Billy), and Carey Franklin (Carey was married to Garnell, who is my Daddy's niece by his oldest sister - her name was Garnell also. Grandma Sanders raised Garnell after the death of her mother.

There is not much that I can tell you about Grandpa Sanders because I was young when he died.
I do remember him as a kind and sweet man.
He stayed with us in Memphis when he got sick to be closer to the Doctor.- I can still remember Grandpa and me walking to the little store down the street and buying ice cream and candy. I can picture his big hand holding my hand as we walk...Its funny how somethings you never forget..

Debbie
Attachments:

Posted: 23 Apr 2004 6:02PM GMT
Edited: 6 Oct 2005 7:43PM GMT
Are you descended from Nathan Sanders? Have a Jesse Sanders, son of Thomas A. Sanders, whom I can find nothing about, wondered if possible this is your Jesse Sanders? Thanks for any help.

Cathy Sanford (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2004 2:37AM GMT
Oma, Debbie and I do not know the names of our great-grandparents. That is part of our problem. According to both of our fathers' birth certificates, our grandfather was born in Alabama. His birth date is November 3, 1898. At some point he had to have moved to Attala County, Mississippi. He married our grandmother, his first marriage, probably around 1923.By 1930, the family was living in Quitman County, MS. There are tons of Sanders in Attala County but no one has responded to any of our inquiries. Wish we could be of more help. To my knowledge, Debbie does not have anything more.

Helen King (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2004 3:06AM GMT
Can you give some dates on Jesse. I am also looking for a Jesse that was in Henderson Co, Tennessee in the early 1800s. Thanks Helen

Posted: 24 Apr 2004 3:23AM GMT
Edited: 6 Oct 2005 7:43PM GMT
His parents were married Jan 15, 1851, in Lawrence CO, MS. There are 10 children, have dates on the last five, so guessing he was born between 1851 and 1859. His parents were Thomas Augusta Sanders and Amanda Langston Sanders. The other siblings I have no info on are Nancy, Phelex, Sarah Ann, then there is Elizabeth Cordelia "Delia" Sanders b. 1859, Dora Sanders b. abt 1861, James Sanders b. abt. 1863, William, b. May 10, 1864, Dempsey M. Sanders b. Aug 2, 1866, and Asa Jackson Sanders b. May 16, 1868,
The five with dates were shown as born in Mississippi. However, I cannot find Thomas or Amanda on any census except Amanda on the 1880 census. They possibly could have been in TN, who knows. Supposedly Thomas' father visited TN and some of the children visited TN, and it is supposed that Nathan's father possibly lived in TN, so it would stand to reason the grandchildren might visit.
Hopefully this rings a bell..

Helen King (View posts)
Posted: 24 Apr 2004 3:33AM GMT
Thanks for the reply but my Jesse would have been older. He fought in the Civil War. His wife was Martha Appleby. Helen

Posted: 24 Apr 2004 4:02AM GMT
Edited: 17 Oct 2005 11:43PM GMT
It was worth a hope, <smiles>

Posted: 17 Mar 2014 1:20AM GMT
My name is Heather Nicole Sanders. Jessie Olan Sanders was my great grandfather. His son, William Furr Sanders is the father of my dad Jimmy Earl Sanders. I know a lot about the family as I have done extensive research. I could still also use a little help myself putting a few puzzle pieces together. I know names and birthdays of great great great grandparents. Thank you for attaching those pictures I am printing them now they mean so much to me. I am pleased to know that Jean was Thomas Bernard Sanders daughter, b/c that was unresolved to me. Thank you all so much. Please respond if you would like to further discuss.

Posted: 17 Mar 2014 1:20AM GMT
My name is Heather Nicole Sanders. Jessie Olan Sanders was my great grandfather. His son, William Furr Sanders is the father of my dad Jimmy Earl Sanders. I know a lot about the family as I have done extensive research. I could still also use a little help myself putting a few puzzle pieces together. I know names and birthdays of great great great grandparents. Thank you for attaching those pictures I am printing them now they mean so much to me. I am pleased to know that Jean was Thomas Bernard Sanders daughter, b/c that was unresolved to me. Thank you all so much. Please respond if you would like to further discuss.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions