Search for content in message boards

Samuel Gibson

Samuel Gibson

Posted: 2 Mar 2010 4:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Mar 2010 3:40AM GMT
Surnames: Gibson, Bliss, Wallace
Am looking for anyone that might have a connection to Samuel. He was born 1848 and died 1906. He married Nancy Jane Bliss born 1861 and died 1921. They had the following children. Corda A. Gibson Wallace, Abel and Clyde Gibson. They all are buried at Kimbolton Cemetery.

Re: Samuel Gibson

Posted: 4 Mar 2010 7:41PM GMT
Edited: 4 Mar 2010 11:08PM GMT
Surnames: GIBSON, LARRISON, PORTER, WALLACE, BLISS, FALUNS, DUFFEY, SCHWYHART
According to information supplied by Amelia BAUMGARDNER (copied ca. 1950's) Samuel was son of William and Nancy (LARRISON) GIBSON. Samuel was married twice: 1st wife was Jenny PORTER by whom he had following children: Abel, Clyde, Corda who m. Thomas WALLACE, Meryle, George who m. Cleo (surname unkown),and Mary. Samuel m. #2 Jeannie BLISS. They had Ada who m. a FALUNS, Clara who m. Andy DUFFEY,Ralph, Mildred, and Martha who m. Lem SCHWYHART.

Hope this helps. I have NO dates for above persons, only names as posted.

Posted: 5 Mar 2010 6:01PM GMT
Edited: 5 Mar 2010 6:53PM GMT
Surnames: Gibson
Thanks so much. I have a death certificate for a Samuel Asbury Gibson. Is this the same Samuel? Also, There is a Samuel buried at the Kimbolton Cemetery that has a wife by the name of Nettie. I don't have any dates for Nettie , but if I'm not mistaken this Samuel died in 1901... Any thoughts?

Posted: 7 Mar 2010 6:52PM GMT
Edited: 7 Mar 2010 11:28PM GMT
Surnames: Gibson, Thompson, Porter, Bliss
These are two different Samuels; Samuel Asbury Gibson (1846-1918) married to Nettie Thompson, and Samuel Gibson (1848-1906) married first to Jenny Porter, then to Nancy Jane Bliss.

Altogether, I have 5 Samuel Gibsons in my database as I try to sort out the various Gibson families in Guernsey county.

Posted: 7 Mar 2010 8:14PM GMT
How do you connect to the GIBSONs of Guernsey County? I have lots more data if I can be of help to you.

Posted: 8 Mar 2010 2:58AM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2010 3:52AM GMT
Surnames: Gibson, Carey, Curry, Lewis
I have a Gibson line from Guernsey Co, OH. But I don't show any Samuel. Does anyone connect to my line of William Gibson, Sr b. 1746 m. Avis Carey; George Gibson b. 1771 m. Jane Curry; Mary Anne "Polly" Gobson b. 1806 m. Thomas McKelva Lewis b. 1806 I'm willing to exchange information.

Posted: 8 Mar 2010 7:55PM GMT
Edited: 8 Mar 2010 8:01PM GMT
Surnames: Gibson, Fuller, Umstott, Miskimen, Banker, Forney
Albert Gibson m. Martha Fuller in 1877; working with a Fuller researcher
Lafayette Uunningham Gibson m. Harriett Mabel Umstott in 1929; the Umstotts are cousins through my Miskimen line and I did quite a lot of work with Harold Umstott
Mary Jane Gibson m. Jackson Miskimen in 1845
Ruhama "Amy" Gibson had a child with Lemuel Banker, m. John M. Forney in 1857; both the Bankers and the Forneys are my lines
and, in general, Gibsons were among the early settlers of Wheeling Twp., as were several of my lines (Miskimen, Banker, Forney, Phillips, Sheeley) and these families tended to inter-marry many times. My uncle Emerson was curious about some of his neighbors, wondering if what connections we might have with them, so I have been looking at most of the old families of Wheeling Twp.

No direct connections with any of the Gibsons that I have found, but, many family marriages and indirect connections.

Thanks for your offer, if you have any info on the families I listed above, would love to know!

Posted: 8 Mar 2010 10:17PM GMT
Edited: 9 Mar 2010 5:27AM GMT
Surnames: Fuller, Gibson
Pat,

Can you identify the Martha Fuller that married Albert Gibson? I would like to determine if she is one of my Fuller families Martha.

Bob Fuller
reflaf@att.net

Posted: 8 Mar 2010 10:27PM GMT
Edited: 9 Mar 2010 5:28AM GMT
Surnames: Fuller, Gibson, Miller
This Martha Fuller is the daughter of John & Martha Fuller.
She was b. 11 Mar 1857, d. 22 Jul 1928
This information comes from her Ohio Death Certifucate.
She married Albert Gibon abt 1877. He was the son fo George Ray Gibson and Elizabeth Miller. My interest in her was, once again, trying to straighten out the Fullers of Guernsey Co., but no luck here.

You gave me a great deal of info some time ago, once again, thank you, Maybe you can connect these Fullers somewhere.

Posted: 9 Mar 2010 3:06PM GMT
Edited: 10 Mar 2010 2:43AM GMT
Surnames: Gibson, Miller
I have a copy of Samuel Asbury Gibson's death certificate. It states that he was the son of George Ray and Elizabeth Miller Gibson. Who was the other Samuel's parents. This is where I'm getting confused. Both are buried at Kimbolton.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic