Search for content in message boards

Transcribe/Translate two Alexovice Marriage Records

Transcribe/Translate two Alexovice Marriage Records

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 3:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Nov 2012 3:41PM GMT
Hello. Here I am again, making this discussion board look like it belongs to me.

This question is going to be part of a more complex question later. But it will help to get some of the data more in place before I put that question out here.

In Alexovice, near Ivančice, Tomaš Vejrosta married twice when he was older than 50. The bride’s name in the first marriage looks like Veronika, and it looks like she might also be descended from a Vejrosta, possibly Anton. The bride’s name in the second marriage looks like Kateřina, but I cannot decipher what is written for her. This second bride, Kateřina, is of more interest to us, as she is supposed to be my husband’s great great grandmother, but things don’t quite make sense. But two things do: it looks like her grandfather is Josef Drliček, from Skleny, and those two things, Drliček, from Skleny, are true for our Kateřina. It’s all the other words in between that are a puzzle. Is she a widow?

I’m also interested in what it says about Tomaš.

Marriage 1: Signatura 1232, Snimek 22, Page 40, left side, second entry.
http://actapublica.eu/matriky/brno/prohlizec/3983/?strana=22
Veronika’s death record is on snimek 71 of the same book, August of 1859.

Marriage 2: Signatura 1232, Snimek 26, Page 49, right side, first entry.
http://actapublica.eu/matriky/brno/prohlizec/3983/?strana=26

From marriage 1, they did have at least one child who died in early 1860. Tomaš married Kateřina about a month later.

Screen snip of Kateřina's record is attached.

Děkují vám moc.
Attachments:

Re: Transcribe/Translate two Alexovice Marriage Records

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 8:46PM GMT
Wýrosta Thomas wiertler in Alexowitz ehelicher Sohn des Wenzel Wýrosta bauer in Alexowitz und der Theresia geb. Dubshik
Veronika Witwe nach + Jakob Florian häusler in Alexowitz ehel. Tochter des Thomas Audi obrighkeitl draben in Alexowitz und der Antonia geb. Peter Wýrosta

Wýrosta Thomas witwer und häusler in Alexowitz eh. Sohn des + Wenzel Wýrosta bauer von da und der + Theresia geb. Dubschik beide katholischer Religion
Katharina Witwe nach Mathias Tekel Taglöhner in Eibenschitz uneh. Tochter der Johanna Drdličzek Witwe nach Wenzel Adam bauer in Skleny beide katholischer Religion

Do you need a translation?

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 9:49PM GMT
Edited: 9 Nov 2012 10:14PM GMT
Yes, thanks, there are about 6 words I don't know.

häusler, obrighkeitl draben, Taglöhner, uneh, ebow

My translation, guessing at a few words:

Wýrosta Thomas widower from Alexovice, legitimate son of Wenzel Wýrosta farmer in Alexovice and of Theresa née Dubshik.
Veronika widow of the deceased Jakob Florian, Häusler here in Alexovice. Daughter of Thomas Audi obrighkeitl draben in Alexovice and Antonia, (daughter of) Peter Wýrosta.

Wýrosta Thomas, widower and häusler in Alexovice ebow son of the deceased Wenzel Wýrosta farmer from here and the deceased Theresia born Dubschik, both Catholics.
Katharina, widow of Mathias Tekel day laborer in Ivančice. Daughter of Johanna Drdličzek widow of Wenzel Adam farmer in Skleny, both Catholic religion

I found the index page for the marriages:
http://actapublica.eu/matriky/brno/prohlizec/3983/?strana=28
and Katarina is listed as Drdliczek.

The index of deaths is image 74 for T, but no T entries for Tekel.

Posted: 9 Nov 2012 11:04PM GMT
eh. = eheliche
uneh. = uneheliche (not legitimate)
Häusler = someone who owned a house and only a small area of land
Taglöhner = labourer
obrigkeitl draben = don´t know how to translate this, but he worked for a local nobility as some kind of warden, overseer, he supervised people working in the fields for example

Posted: 12 Nov 2012 1:22AM GMT
Thank you again, very much. I have dug further into House 16 of Sklene (Sklenny) which is in the Horni Bory records, which is where Katharina and Johanna came from. I need to do a lot of sorting out, as it looks like three related families moved through that house. And everyone was married twice, or not married at all. To further confuse things, it looks like there are two Katharinas and maybe even two Johannas. Until I list all these people, it will be a while until I can ask my big question.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions