Search for content in message boards

Boyds thru TN, KS, and MO

Boyds thru TN, KS, and MO

Paula Reed (View posts)
Posted: 27 Feb 2000 6:29PM GMT
Looking for the Boyd clan from TN and then went to Baxter Springs, KS. Many then went through MO. Any info would be great. Thx. Paula

Boyd

Betty Gaskin (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2000 7:52AM GMT
The family of Levi Jordon Boyd and Dottie M Morrow Boyd lived in Dade County, Barton County, Jasper County, and just across the Kansas Line. Is this who you are looking for?

William Boyd

Max Boyd (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2000 11:19AM GMT
I am searching for my grandfather, Wm Boyd, born Aug 1864 in KS (according to census) M Ida Rhodes in MO. Believe he was connected to John W. and Harriet Boyd in Jasper County, MO. Was orphaned and said to have been raised by a Dodson or Dotson family. Any info appreciated. Max

Boyd

Betty (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2000 1:19PM GMT
Your William Boyd may be a different family. Or he could be distantly related. It is weird that my great-great-grandmother was a Dodson (Dotson). -NOT the Boyd connection - the other side. May we both get lucky in finding the relatives. Betty

Boyds

Paula Reed (View posts)
Posted: 1 Mar 2000 4:45PM GMT
From my research there were many Boyds who went in that direction of the country. I have these names in my direct lineage: Chester Boyd married Helen Peterson, Joseph Boyd who married a Lula Bond, and an Abe Boyd his father (marriage unknown).
I will try to go on a lateral search to see if there is a connection. Thanks. Paula

martha boyd

harold robert todd (View posts)
Posted: 14 Mar 2000 11:10PM GMT
i have a martha boyd who married elijah smith
todd i believe she was from tenn or kentucky let
let me know if it connects with your info;

contact me at hrtodd@povn.com

Re: Boyds thru TN, KS, and MO

Posted: 5 Apr 2002 6:31AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Jan 2003 2:58PM GMT
I just came across some stories about a Boyd in Baxter Springs... It seems that a J.R. Boyd was the mayor of Baxter Springs around 1872 or 1873, and after what the article called a "longstanding feud" with the marshall, Cassius Taylor, Boyd shot and killed him. I lost the link to the story, but when I find it I will post it for you. Try doing a Google search for "Boyd, Baxter Springs, KS, mayor" and you should be able to find some links regarding this man. Hope you find the Boyds you're looking for!

Re: Boyds thru TN, KS, and MO

Posted: 22 Jul 2002 3:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Boyd Malone Reed Whitehead Odeham
Paula,

I have an Elizabeth Boyd born in TN, parents unknown. She married 1841 in Wilson Co., TN to John Malone. According to the papers filed for her widows pension, the following people were present at their marriage. Abraham Boyd, Silas Boyd, Henry Boyd, Abram Odeham, Jane Odeham, Elizabeth Odeham, James Read, Anne Reed, Mary Reed, William Whitehead and Mary Whitehead. William Whitehead married Mary Boyd in 1839 in Wilson Co., TN.

I was hoping some of this would connect to your line, especially as I see your last name as Reed. I do not have any knowledge of their going to Kansas, although John and Elizabeth Boyd Malone moved to IL between 1857 when his last child was born and 1861 when he enlisted in the Civil War from Wayne Co., IL.

After the war his family moved to Franklin, Morgan Co., IL where most of them are buried.

Any information is appreciated. Thanks. Vauna
per page

Find a board about a specific topic