Search for content in message boards

Sargent/Le Sarge/Ogdensburg NY

Sargent/Le Sarge/Ogdensburg NY

Diana Sargent -Walters (View posts)
Posted: 29 Oct 2000 1:42PM GMT
Looking for anyone from the Simon Samuel Sargent Family from Ogdensburg NY on the Canadian border. Married Marion Goodhart.

Ogdensburg, NY - Sargents/Le Sage

Cristy (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2000 4:29PM GMT
Hi -
your not going to believe this but my great grandfather was born in Ogdensburg, NY about 1878 (possibly later). His name was Charles Sargent. His father was John B. Sargent nee Jean Baptiste Le Sage. The Sargent/Le Sages are from somewhere in Canada. I have been searching for information on them for a few years now with very little luck. I am willing to share what informatin I have on them which isn't much. Please e-mail me at
CBurchartz@yahoo.com.

Re: Ogdensburg, NY - Sargents/Le Sage

Posted: 3 Aug 2003 5:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 10 Sep 2003 3:14AM GMT
Surnames: Sargent
I am also from Ogdensburg, NY and am searching for my family roots in the Ogdensburg area. Do you happen to have any Theodore Sargent born in 1897 in your Sargent family line?

Cristy (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2003 1:21PM GMT
I don' have a Thedore listed but I do not know alot about the decendants of my great great grandparents children other than my line. Do you know who Thedore's parents were? My great great grandparents were John B. (aka Jean Baptiste LeSage) and Josephine Bourdon. I don't know a whole lot about John but I do have info on Josephine.

Posted: 3 Aug 2003 2:31PM GMT
Edited: 10 Sep 2003 3:14AM GMT
No, Im not sure of who Theodore's Sargent's parents were, thats what Im trying to figure out. All I know is that they too were from NY from what Theodore Sargent wrote on the 1930's census (he lived in Perry'sburg at that time). But, when he died in the early 1970's he was said to have died in Ogdensburg (or Red Mills). Didnt tell me where he was actually born. But usually, from the looks of things, the Sargent's in my family, always went back to there roots at the time of their death. Im finding out more secrets on this family line than I expected. Are there any living Sargents that you know are from your family line in the Ogdensburg area at the present time?

Cristy (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2003 4:15PM GMT
Please see Sargent/LeSage.

Posted: 3 Aug 2009 12:26AM GMT
Hi, If I am following this correctly, you want to know who Theodore Sargent's parents were. His father was Henry Sargent, and owned a store on Ford street in Ogdensburg NY. His wife was (Marie)Mary Bergeron. She was canadian and moved to Ogdensburg when she was 12. Theodore died in 1977 and was born in 1898. His son was Lawrence Sargent, and IF I have the right person, his son is me, Theodore Sargent. I have the obits from the paper there for both Henry and Marie Sargent. I can e-send them to you. I would love to share info. I have put up what I have found on a tree on this websited.

Re: Sargent/Le Sarge/Ogdensburg NY

Posted: 3 Aug 2009 12:28AM GMT
I have info on the sargent family, Simon was my G uncle. His brother Theodore was my grandfather. I knew his wife Gretchen as a boy, an his daughter Ellen Ann Misert.

Theodore.sargent@us.army.mil

Posted: 3 Aug 2009 12:34AM GMT
I would also like to share some info, My grandfather Henry, and Charles, I believe were brothers. Henry owned a store in Ogdensburg, and named on of his sons John Baptiste. I have some name spellings listed in the obits which are a bit different and that could help. The obit lists them as John and Josephine Bordeau Sargent

Posted: 2 Jul 2014 6:00PM GMT
Hi Theodore,

Im so sorry its taken 5 years to get back to you but i havent been doing the genealogy thing for awhile and changed my email address some years back so i didnt see your response. I am still interested in getting information on the family though (my husbands family). I did find out since your post find out that Theodore is the same as your theodore. He was your dad? Meaning my husbands grandmother was your sister, Mary? Is that right? My husband was raised by Mary Sargent and lived there until he moved down here in Ogdensburg...Jason Sargent.

I hope you get this and get back to me seeing its been so many years lately.

Thanks,

Deanna Sargent
per page

Find a board about a specific topic