Search for content in message boards

CARTER'S OF NORTH MS

CARTER'S OF NORTH MS

AMANDA (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CARTER
LOOKING FOR DESCENDANTS OF FRANCIS MARION CARTER, WILLIAM LITTLEBERRY CARTER, AND THOMAS HENRY CARTER. I ALREADY HAVE ALOT OF NAMES IN THE CARTER FAMILY. OR IF YOU WANT TO KNOW IF I HAVE ANY INFO YOU CAN USE, E-MAIL ME

Carter family

Posted: 27 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 27 Aug 2002 9:27PM GMT
My grandfather was George Washington Carter. He was born 15 Jun 1869 in Missouri & died 10 Aug 1950 in Montgomery Co., AR. I think his brothers were Bill (married Emily), Jim & Charlie & his sister was Sarah (married John R. Gilmore). Do you have any information on his parents?
PLEASE E-MAIL IF YOU HAVE HEARD OF ANY OF THEM!
Thanks, Jean (ejhemund@ipa.net)

Re: CARTER'S OF NORTH MS

Posted: 2 Oct 2001 7:17PM GMT
Surnames: CARTER, Hicky
Amanda. Do you have any thing on a william c. carter and a james carter from Lafayette co Ms, william married a hickey in 1871
he was in the 2nd reg Ms cav comp D. on the 1860 census for Lafayette co ,william &james were living with a James Rose family, i have not found them on any other census. Thanks Tom carter.

Posted: 3 Oct 2001 1:10PM GMT
Edited: 23 May 2003 7:05PM GMT
Surnames: Carter, Bowman
I have a James Carter b.1866 in TN. His father is George W. Carter b. 1844 in TN. I found this family in the 1870 Federal Census of McNairy Co. TN. James has a sister named Elizabeth Carter b. 1867 in TN. McNairy Co. is close to the MS line.
Theresa

AMANDA C BRIDGES (View posts)
Posted: 3 Oct 2001 11:27PM GMT
Surnames: CARTERS OF NORTH MS
THE LIST OF CARTERS I HAVE ARE THE DECENDANTS OF FRANCIS MARION CARTER. THERE IS A GEORGE W CARTER LISTED BUT I AM NOT SURE IF THEY ARE THE SAME. THERE IS ALSO A THOMAS CARTER. IF I CAN BE OF HELP LET ME KNOW.

T.Carter (View posts)
Posted: 10 Oct 2001 1:01AM GMT
Ever thing i have show him and bother william b in MS, i have them on the 1860 MS census but that is as far bsck as i have got. thanks tom

Posted: 21 Nov 2001 1:02AM GMT
i am looking for a J.R. (Rus) Carter. He married Osthey sample(s) in 1851 in itawamba county, mississippi. they had a daughter mahaley catherine carter. she married a charlie dow ballard. mahaley died in april 1931 in red bay, franklin caounty, alabama. please email me if you have any information..... pballard@student.una.edu

Posted: 26 Nov 2001 1:25AM GMT
Edited: 8 Sep 2003 3:14PM GMT
Thomas I think the rose name comes from Rose Harrell and Robert Harrell I have pic with these names in them With my Greatgrandma Cox, and My Grandma Roberson, See Grandpa mother was a Carter so that ties the families together as his sister married a Carter and his mother was a Carter making them double first cousins.

thomas carter

Posted: 3 Feb 2002 3:21AM GMT
i have a thomas j. carter in my family also a john carter.thomas was born in 1848 mississippi. john was born in 1825. do you have anything on these .thomas had a son walter reid carter. If you can help i would be so grateful . Thanks DELORIS

Re: thomas carter

amanda (View posts)
Posted: 6 Feb 2002 1:47AM GMT
hi..sorry but the records i have doesnt go that far back..mine starts with a francis marion carter......which his b/d is around 9-30-1831...and he was in the household of a LB CARTER.....IN THE 1850 CENSUS RECORDS.....but they are the only ones i have that far back....but if u can tell me some other names just email me and i will see what i have....thanks
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions