Search for content in message boards

How to move forward

How to move forward

Posted: 30 Jul 2013 11:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi

I am trying to trace the children of my grandfathers 1st marriage (my aunts). My father was by my grandads second marriage.

I posted previously asking where to begin I know
- my grandads full name ( knew that anyway)
-the name of his 1st wife including her maiden name.
- there marriage date this is still a question mark at the minute but I can find the 2 names getting married in the right area in 1940, so for now at least this is when I think they married
My grandad remarried in 1945 so I know the children(2 girls I believe) must have be born between 1940 and 1945.

Anyone have any suggestions as to how the heck I go about finding them from here?

Re: How to move forward

Posted: 30 Jul 2013 1:58PM GMT
It's difficult for anyone to help without knowing names and where in the world your family lived.

You could try posting a query on the appropriate Lost Family & Friends board. Be sure to provide names and locations.

Some newspapers, such as the Manchester Evening News, have a section like its "In Touch" where you can post family information in hopes of making contact with the living.

Re: How to move forward

Posted: 31 Jul 2013 9:01AM GMT
"this is still a question mark at the minute but I can find the 2 names getting married in the right area in 1940"

Is there some reason why you can't confirm this? What kind of record is it? Is it an index and if so, can't you order the document? Confirming this would be step one for me.

As for the children, you need to keep in mind that if these people are still alive (and if they were born 1940-1945, it's likely that they are), you're talking about a completely different type of search. For privacy reasons, it's obviously more difficult to find living people.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions