Search for content in message boards

JOHNSON/ROADHOUSE-Connection

JOHNSON/ROADHOUSE-Connection

Posted: 25 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Oct 2001 12:11AM GMT
Surnames: Johnson, Roadhouse, Briggs, Downey, Monkman
I am trying to connect through marriage a connection of the Johnson/Johnston family and the Roadhouse family in the Township of Albion around the 1830's, which was then in the County of YORK. My g.g, grandfather William Johnson married Elizabeth Roadhouse on April-02-1832 at St. James Cathedral in the City of York (Toronto ). Elizabeth was the 6th. child of Henry & Elizabeth (Jackson) Roadhouse who came to Canada in 1829 and eventually bought the N/W 1/4 & S/W 1/4 of lot 22 on Concession # 8 in Albion.

William Johnson came to Canada in 1822 at the age of 13 years, and after marriage settled on lot #9 North Dundas side Concession # 1 in what was Sydenham Toronto Township(now Dixie in Mississauga, Ont.).

William Johnson and his parent's & siblings is the connection I am trying to make &/or find.

THANKS

Johnston/Roadhouse

Posted: 9 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 25 Jun 2004 4:02PM GMT
Surnames: Johnston, Roadhouse, Monkman
My great grandmother, Elizabeth Johnston, married Rev. Wm. Henry Monkman in Albion Twp., Peel Co. in 1864. His older brother Duke Monkman married Keziah Roadhouse, daughter of Joseph Roadhouse in 1852.

Re: Johnston/Roadhouse

Peg Hanson (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jun 2005 10:52PM GMT
Don.....I am the great, great grandaughter of Duke Monkman. I believe you have had contacts with my great uncle, C. Gibson Monkman of Choteau Montana. He recently passed away at the age of 93. I can send you a copy of the obituary if you would like. Please contact me.

William Cosway (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2005 12:48AM GMT
Hello Peg

Don Brown originally responded to my e-mail. I am as well as others in search of the ROADHOUSE family & would just love to know what ever information you may have regarding the Roadhouse family.
There are "ROADHOUSE" researchers in Canada that would would like to have ANY information about this family tree.
I could pass along to them ANY information that you might be willing to share which would include the OBIT you mentioned.
In return we could exchange any information you are researching if in fact we do have it to share.

Thomas J Hunter (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2005 3:28AM GMT
Classification: Death
Edited: 11 Jun 2005 2:43PM GMT

ROADHOUSE , Earl 727649 38th Bn. Canadian Infantry (Eastern Ontario Regiment) 10 Aug 1918 26 No known grave; On Vimy Memorial Son of Mrs. D. E. Roadhouse, of 9, Roblock Avenue, Toronto, and the late Mr. W. T. Roadhouse Born at Kirkton, Ontario. On Rannoch War memorial

Re: JOHNSON/ROADHOUSE-Connection

Posted: 14 May 2006 9:45PM GMT
I would also like any help on finding out any information on the Roadhouse family. I believ that many of my ancestors moved from England to Canada. My Great, Great grandfather was George ernest Roadhouse born in 1850. who had 14 children and my grandfather George Colin being the oldest son. Can you help, as although it is not my direct line it could be either George Ernest's brothers/ uncles

Posted: 10 Dec 2006 7:11AM GMT
I came across your message which I realize is quite old at this point, but I would be interested in any details you have regarding the Roadhouse family....I have a Martha Roadhouse who married William Lundy (b 1802),,,,to date I do not have any other info on Martha but I also have a number of Johnson family members around this same time line who married into the Lundy family as well...but no William. If you have any other details you could share it would be appreciated
Cheryl

Posted: 10 Dec 2006 5:20PM GMT
Hello Cheryl
Please contact me direct. You can get my e-mail address by clicking on my name re: a posting I had placed.

Bill Cosway

Posted: 23 Dec 2006 2:10PM GMT
Hi Cheryl

I have not received a response from you. If interested please contact me as I do have some information that may interest you.

Bill Cosway

Posted: 24 Dec 2006 8:08AM GMT
Sorry Bill - I wasn't really ignoring you.....just Christmas is getting in the way of my Family Tree time!!!! Once the 25th is over I have almost 3 weeks off work so I will definitely be ready to compare notes. I will also send you a message directly as per your last message....I really would love to share info---again my apologies for at least not acknowledging your message....Happy Holidays

Cheryl
per page

Find a board about a specific topic