Search for content in message boards

Milton S. Hershey

Milton S. Hershey

Sharon Snavely (View posts)
Posted: 28 Jul 2000 9:05AM GMT
Is it true that Mr. Hershey's middle name was Snavely?
Was it his mother's maiden name?

snavely

Les Snavely (View posts)
Posted: 30 Jul 2000 7:33AM GMT
Yes, his name is Milton Snavely Hershey. He is descended from a long line of Snavely/Hershey relationships. His aunt financed his chocolate venture, and the rest is history.
Les Snavely

Re: Snavely and Hershey Surnames

Posted: 30 Jan 2002 2:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 17 Oct 2004 4:56PM GMT
Surnames: Snavely, Gharret, Wance
Hello Les:
I saw your posted reply to someone who had inquired about Milton Snavely Hershey's middle name. Milton Snavely Hershey's mother's name was FANNY B. SNAVELY and his father's name was HENRY H. HERSHEY. I recently found this information in Ancestry.com, plus additional Hershey ancestors. However, this pedigree did not include additional information on Fanny B. Snavely. I am trying to connect REBECCA SNAVELY (born 7 Oct 1870), to the above Fanny B. Snavely Hershey.
Do you have information on Fanny B. Snavely's brothers and sisters??? The above Rebecca Snavely married Milford Gharret (born 5 Jul 1866, PA), and had a daughter named Laura Gharret (born 26 Sept 1894 in Centre Co.,PA) who married Harvey H. Wance in PA.

Rebecca Snavely and Milford Gharret had other children.
These are the ancestors of my first cousin, Michael Ray Wance-Ayers,whose father, Capt. Ralph Ray Wance was killed in action in Korea in 1953 when Michael was just two years old.
Any information will be greatly appreciated, and will also be shared with other connected family members. Many thanks.

My e-mail: jeanness@bellsouth.net.
Jeanne Sandlin Smith

Re: Milton S. Hershey

Aleisha Hershey (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2002 4:27PM GMT
Surnames: Hershey
yes his mothers last name is snavely. i know because i am related to him. i am not trying to be mean but that is the truth.

aleisha hershey (View posts)
Posted: 31 Mar 2002 4:33PM GMT
i was thinking if you have some info on thehershey's family can you send me some info thank you

Posted: 15 Feb 2011 6:19AM GMT
Yes that is true
the mother's maiden name is Fanny

Posted: 15 Feb 2011 6:19AM GMT
Yes that is true
the mother's maiden name is Fanny

Re: Snavely and Hershey Surnames

Posted: 30 May 2011 3:15AM GMT
Surnames: Snavely Wance Emerich Baney Shaffer Swartz
Most of my family came from Centre County Pa at one time. I have Snavely relatives on my father's side of the family that would be related to my greatgrandmother Sarah Emerich Baney. I have a picture of Cora, Paul, and Florence Snavely with Laurabelle Shaffer dated 1924. My mother was Jean Wance Swartz and my grandfather was Sumner Wance from Aaronsburg in Centre County PA. We are distantly related on both sides of my family but I can't help you with what you want to know. I hope that you find the information that you want.

Posted: 15 Sep 2011 3:22PM GMT
Mr. Hershey grew up Mennonite as were many people in the Lancaster County area. It was common for the Mennonites to give the mother's maiden name as the child's middle name. ALL the children of the marriage would have the same middle name. My husband's Mennonite family is from the neighboring township to Hershey (Mt Joy) and it was common for generations of his ancestors to have the mother's maiden name as the middle name.

Posted: 17 Sep 2012 9:08PM GMT
no that was her nickname her given name was veronica
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions