Search for content in message boards

Johannes Isaksson b 1850 Malax - Need more info please

Johannes Isaksson b 1850 Malax - Need more info please

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 10:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to find more information on Johannes Isaksson who left Finland (Malax) on Oct. 19, 1882 to go to Sweden.
He was born Nov. 10, 1850. I would like to find where he was born & who his parents & grandparents were.

I had a reply that is now gone saying that he was from perhaps Solf & his father was Isak Johannson/Anas & his mother was Lovisa. I asked if Anas was a last name or a town but didn't get an answer. I am thinking it may be a town.

Thank you,
Donna

Re: Johannes Isaksson b 1850 Malax - Need more info please

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 3:44PM GMT
Hello! There a Johannes, born 21 Aug 1850, to Isak Johansson Ånäs, and Lovisa, age 26, no last name listed. His birth is listed in Solf and Korsholm. Then there is an Isaac, (perhaps his father?), born 28.3.1820, to Johan Ericsson Ånäs, and Brita, age 41, no last name listed. I realize the birth date is not what you have, 10.11.1850, but...

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 5:29PM GMT
Thank you for your reply. It is most likely the correct family. I have found many birthdates that were incorrect but close so I am thinking this may be the same.
The information for Isaac seems to be right as well especially when he named his son Johan perhaps after his father.
Can you tell me how to pronounce the last name in English?

Thank you,
Donna

Posted: 30 Nov 2012 9:56PM GMT
I think this is family you are looking for

http://digi.narc.fi/digi/view.ka?kuid=9690640

Posted: 1 Dec 2012 10:22AM GMT
Thank you! This is wonderful! I did notice that Isak & family came from Murtasaari. I most likely spelled it wrong. Sorry. Is this nearby? I would like to try to continue to trace this family back further.

Thank you,
Donna

Posted: 2 Dec 2012 7:30AM GMT
Hi

Yes, Sulva(Solf) and Mustasaari(Korsholm) were neighborough parishes, actually Sulva is part of Mustasaari nowadays

You can find Mustasaari from here: http://digi.narc.fi/digi/puu.ka

under name "Korsholm församling"

Posted: 2 Dec 2012 12:09PM GMT
Edited: 3 Dec 2012 1:26PM GMT
I found Isak leaving Mustasaari on book page 66. I can't quite tell where he was leaving from...perhaps Bone? I could not find him in any other records. Not sure where to look.
I am hoping someone can help me find where I should go to next to find Isak & his parents (going back).

Thank you.
Attachments:

Posted: 4 Dec 2012 6:24AM GMT
In that book right pages seems to belong for "Stad församling" = City parish. In this case it means city of Vaasa and page 488 (last number of the line) in Vaasa parish communion book

http://digi.narc.fi/digi/view.ka?kuid=5385676

Posted: 6 Dec 2012 11:37AM GMT
This looks like it is for their marriage. I tried to look at other records in Vaasa for them but had no luck. I did go back to the moving In/Out books and found Isak leaving Solf for Thodau on 18/6 1840. Page 156, line 45.

I went to the LDS site and found this- Isaac Johansson b-30, March 1820. Father- Johan Erss Anas, mother Brita Karpland. They were married 29/1/1820. It had Sulva, Vaasa listed. Also they had another son Jonas b- Oct. 19, 1823 also Sulva. I also found this same information with Hiski.

I have found some information on this family but cannot seem to find them in any of the record books. I found him leaving Solf in 1840 but could not find him in Solf.

Can you help me trace this family back?

Donna

Posted: 6 Dec 2012 4:58PM GMT
Hi, When you go to Solf in HisKi, do spell the name with the umlauts? Ånäs.....select : All............ And, if you go to Neighboring parishes, you get some listed in Korsholm, and, 1 in Malax There are other sites that may have some information, I'll check them out.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions