Search for content in message boards

John Wallis,Wallace Manokin River Maryland

John Wallis,Wallace Manokin River Maryland

Posted: 16 Mar 2005 12:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Dec 2005 1:58AM GMT
Surnames: Wallace, Wallis, Stevenson
Can anyone tell me who the William Stevenson is in John Wallis, Sr. of Ireland and now Manokin River. Probate is 1685. He gives 1/2 money to wife and 1/2 to John Wallas, Jr, William Stevenson, Mathew Wallas and James Wallis.

Did William marry one of John Wallis's daughters? There are land deeds for William that mention wife Isabella.

Thank you,
Dorene

Re: John Wallis,Wallace Manokin River Maryland

Posted: 20 Dec 2008 7:50AM GMT
I have never seen this document. I am descended from the Wallaces of whom you write. I suspect the Stevenson was of a family associated with the Wallaces when they moved to Cecil County, MD. If you are interested, I would like to exchange information.

Don Wallace

Posted: 21 Aug 2009 11:55PM GMT
Surnames: WALLACE
Just read your posting from Dec 2008. I am almost positive that I am descended from the Wallaces from Maryland and Delaware. However, I can't place my GGgrandfather, Solomon Wallace in this family. He died intestate in Murderkill Hundred, DE in 1831. He had a son, my Ggrandfather, Thomas William Wallace, born 1823, who was apprenticed to a sea captain for four years, then was taken to Indiana where he lived with his uncle Joshua. I know for sure that his wife's name was "Millie", but that's all. Would you have any information that might help?

Posted: 22 Aug 2009 12:42PM GMT
Surnames: Wallace
Your information seems very solid. The original Solomon Wallace of this line was born a bit early to be the father of your GGgrandfather Solomon Wallace. However, there seems pretty clearly a younger Solomon Wallace in that line. If so, your Ggrandfather Thomas William Wallace could easily have had an Uncle Joshua Wallace. My particular line descends from a brother, Matthew, of the original Solomon Wallace, both children of the David Wallace that married Barbara Fleming. I look forward to sharing information with you.

Don Wallace
w420@earthlink.net

Posted: 16 Jan 2012 1:14PM GMT
If any are tracking the Solomon Wallace line, I have new information that I would like to share.

Don Wallace
w420@earthlink.net

Posted: 2 Nov 2012 8:45PM GMT
I am tracking Solomon Wallace, whom my family ancestor Thomas S. wallace was born to and Eleanor Soward.

Thanks

Erick

Posted: 3 Nov 2012 7:51AM GMT
There is a slowly accumulating number of individuals claiming descent from this line of Wallaces that also have Y-DNA and/or Family Finder matches that connect them. I believe these matches provide a basis for genealogical research. As the adminstrator of a Wallace DNA Project and a descendant of this line, I'd be glad to work with you. Have you considered DNA testing?

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 7:37PM GMT
The wallaces of delaware are my wife's family, so DNA testing may not be possible (although I have extensively done my side of the family).

There appears to be either one or two Solomon wallaces from the 1781 -1830. I am trying to figure out if that is two people or the same.

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 7:00AM GMT
There are two Solomon Wallaces among the Wallaces of Delaware. They are in consecutive generations so they are not the same individual.

If your wife is a descendant of the Wallaces of Delaware, DNA testing using Family Finder (as noted in my earlier eamil) is possible.

The Wallaces of Delaware from which I descend are very conclusively linked by Y-DNA to the Matthew Wallis/Wallace of the 1600s in Somerset County, Maryland.

Family Finder testing positively links me by Y-DNA (from a nephew) and Family Finder (autosomal) testing to an individual with whom I share a parent from which I am removed by 7-8 generations. These two generations are the generations in which the two Solomon Wallaces may be found. This confirms the feasibility of DNA testing. onfirmed.

Posted: 21 Nov 2012 11:40PM GMT
Don,

Thanks for the help. I have a Solomon Wallace living 1712 to 1717 in my tree. I guess that's the first generation soloman wallaces.

The second generation Solomon Wallace is living from 1781 to 1830. Not quite certain who his father is but we have him married to an Eleanor Soward. There are no Delaware marriage records of this, so it could be wrong. He had my wife's second great grandfather Thomas S Wallace.Thomas S Wallace married Matilda soward and they had William S. wallace and two girls Sally and sarah.

I found another Solomon Wallace in a Hayes/Ankrom/Wallace/Wiley tree that lived from abt 1785 to 1830 in delaware. He is listed as being married to Sally Bennett (the only delaware marriage record for any solomon wallace) and had a son Thomas William Wallace (who bears a stunning resemblance to my father in law Alvin Wallace). He was the son of William Wallace and a hannah. T

I suspect that the two Solomon Wallaces from 1781 to 1830 could be the same individual, however, I cant totally reconcile the different spouses.

There also appears to be two Solomon Wallaces in 1820 census of delaware. One is listed as living in Murderkill Hundred , the other is listed in little creek hundred.

Any help on the two solomon wallaces of 1780 or so to 1830 or so would be greatly appreciated.

Erick Lucera

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions