Search for content in message boards

Meads in hornell

Meads in hornell

Posted: 1 Dec 2001 7:19AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: mead
1. i am looking for any information pretaining these people. ophilia and benjamin had two children that i know of. aj mead and lena mead both buried in hope cemetery. ohilia and benjamin are also in hope cemetery. my aunt said there was a jacob mead but not sure if it was benjamins or someone elses father.

2. i am also looking for information of the murder of Melissa mead that was killed by her step father. i know it happend in 1991. she is also buried in hope cemetery.

3. there is a Richard Mead that died in 1957. also in hope cemetery. i am looking for a date of birth and Death. Richard is my brother.

thanks
Lettitia
raingirl892@hotmail.com

Re: Meads in hornell

Annette Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2001 1:18PM GMT
Surnames: MEAD DAVIS
Melissa Mead was the daughter of Earledine Mead. She was murdered by Chester Davis who was of the Davis family of Allegany County NY. The Tribune newspaper has all the details of finding her body in a house on North Main St. Ext. All the Tribune newspapers are on microfilm at the Hornell Library for you to look at.

Lettitia Mead (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2001 5:22PM GMT
Surnames: mead
Thank You Annette. Do you Know anything on Chester's Sentancing. Melissa father was Merle Mead that lived on madison ave right behind the house where Melissa was found. Melissa is my Cousin. She was Killed a year after my father died.

Annette Campbell (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2001 5:30PM GMT
I don't know what his sentence was, but it surely must have been in the paper at the time. You should really get to the microfilm's and read all the material that was written at the time. Merle Mead also lived with Kathy Feenaughty and had a son by her if you didn't already know that. She lived next door to me in Hornell during my 2 year residence there.

I have Edward Mead way back in my family who married into the Cole family. He is buried in Stephens Mills, town of Fremont. If he should connect to your family I have the info for you.

Lettitia Mead (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2001 6:00PM GMT
Here is what i have so far on the mead Note these are ancesters.

Leon B. Mead 1926-1990 Father ( rural Cem)
Carl W. Mead 1901-1960 Leon's father
Mabel M. Holmes Mead 1904-1971 Leon's Mother
A.J. Mead 1877-1959 Carls father
Lettitia C. Dey Mead 1878-1936 Carls Mother
Benjamin Mead 1854-1919 A.J.'s father
Ophilia Mead 1859-1949 A.J. Mother

Arad Jacob and Benjamin Are family names, my aunt saw a jacob Mead but can not find anything yet on him. Most Of the mead right now that i know of are currently on madison ave.

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 9:12AM GMT
Just ran across this. Melissa Mead is my sister.my email is currusm80@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions