Search for content in message boards

Nathaniel Watson (father of William B. and John)

Nathaniel Watson (father of William B. and John)

Posted: 2 Dec 2003 4:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Watson, Zagar, Hudson
I am looking for information on my gggreat grandfather, Nathaniel Watson. He was born about 1741and died in Tennessee after the 1840 census. I cannot find information on his spouse. I have located two children, William B. and John. There is a lot of information on William B. and his family. I cannot find anything on John. William B. is my ggreat grandfather. George B. is my great grandfather. Lola Watson Zager is my grandmother. T. G. Zager is my father. Does anyone have any information earlier than Nathaniel?
Thanks,
Jackie McKnight
JackieZ@msn.com

Re: Nathaniel Watson (father of William B. and John)

Phil Watson (View posts)
Posted: 3 Dec 2003 1:15AM GMT
Surnames: Watson, Gardenhire, Carroll, Clouse
Hello Jackie,
Can you tell me what information you have that verifies Nathaniel as William B Watson's father?

I am assuming that your great grandfather's middle name is Buchanan and he was born in Rusk County, Texas?

My GGgrandfather's name is John Watson b. 1808. He moved from Marion County, TN to Rusk County Texas in 1849-1850. I have been trying to find any family connection between my John and your William B.

Also, I have not been able to find any information on my John's father except 'family lore' that his name was William; (wife Elizabeth) and he died in 1814.

Posted: 3 Dec 2003 2:25AM GMT
I got my information from a posting on ancestory.com by Gene Hamon.
Name: Nathaniel WATSON
Sex: M Birth: ABT. 1741 in Tennessee
Death: AFT. 1 JUN 1840 in Tennessee

Marriage 1 Spouse Unknown
Children: John Watson b: ABT. 1805 and William B. Watson b: 1815 in Tennessee

Sources:
1. Title: Tennesse Ancestors
Repository: Call Number: Media: Book
Page: Volume 7, issue 1, April 1991
Text: has article titled Nathaniel Watson, Rev. War Pensioner, Tennessee.
Title: A Census of Pensioners for Revolutionary or Military Services; with Their Names, Ages, and places of Residence
Repository: Call Number: Media: Book
Text: Printed by Blair & Rives, 1841. He is shown living in Tennessee at the age of 99.
Title: TN 1840 Pensioners List
Repository: Call Number: Media: Official Document
Page: page 153
Text: Shows him at age 99 living in Monroe Co., TN. He served with the 26th Regiment

Nathaniel Watson Private, South Carolina Line, $44.10 Annual Allowance $00.00 Amount Received July 30 1834 Pension Started Age 90 (1835 TN Pension Roll)

Do you have any more information which could clarify our family. My great grandfather was George Buchanan Watson. His father was William B. (maybe Brown) Watson.

Jackie McKnight

Posted: 10 Dec 2003 4:38AM GMT
Do you know when John was born ? I have a John born 1780

Posted: 10 Dec 2003 7:34PM GMT
Edited: 26 Feb 2004 4:54AM GMT
About 1805. William B. was born about 1811. I think John migrated to Texas - I know that William B. did - he settled in Rusk County, Texas.

Jackie

Posted: 13 Dec 2003 8:37AM GMT
My John died in Gasconade MO, but his wife and children went to Texas. His son James was in Rusk Co for a while, before going to Blanco Co. Wish we could find a connection.
Theresa

Phil Watson (View posts)
Posted: 15 Dec 2003 11:04PM GMT
Surnames: Watson, Gardenhire, Clouse
My John Watson was born in 1808 in Orange County N.C. He migrated with Mother (Betsy or Elizabeth) and Brother (Allen b. 1809) and possibly sister(s) to Tennessee around 1826.
He then moved his family (wife Agnes Gardenhire and, at the time, eight children) to Peatown, Rusk County Texas in 1849; and had 5 more children. Allen and his mother stayed in Tennessee.

Posted: 16 Dec 2003 4:02AM GMT
I have a George Watson.His father is a William Watson.William Watson was married to a Charlotte Lyster. They lived in Des Moines,Iowa.As far as I know George was an only child we have no records of my grandfather for the exception of who his father and mother was,and the fact that he was born in Des Moines.If you can help me I would be most happy.

tammy waldron (watson) (View posts)
Posted: 26 Jan 2004 8:56PM GMT
hi my name maiden name is watson I'm from texas I come from the watsons in york penn I believe from what I have read. I come from miles nathanial watson whose father was albert watson whos father was miles bobo watson if anyone has information on these names I would apreciate someone contacting me thanks I have pics and information to share

Posted: 25 Mar 2004 3:21AM GMT
My GG Grandfather was William B (Baskerville) Watson.
My G Grandfather was Henry Watson.
My Grandfather was Jo David Watson.
Dont know if any of these Watson's ring a bell ( I hope so).
Thanks for your time - Juanona Bell
per page

Find a board about a specific topic