Search for content in message boards

Tawast and Pictorius family link

Tawast and Pictorius family link

Posted: 9 Jan 2013 2:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Tawast, Tawaststjerna, Sursill, Schultoria
I've been trying to confirm that Beata Johansdotter Pictorius (1630-1684) was the wife of Erik Henrikssen Tawast (1620-1693). Most, if not all, the genealogy family trees show her as the wife of Erik. However, Gabriel Anrep, the famous genealogist and author shows that Eric had two wives: Beata Jacobsdotter Schultoria and Maria Rosendal. Reference: Svenska Adelns Ättar-Taflor Utgifna af Gabriel Anrep, Fjerde Afdelningen p. 346 at http://runeberg.org/anrep/4/0350.html

Could Beata Jacobsdotter Schultoria be the same person as Beata Johansdotter Pictorius? Or...where is everybody getting the Pictorius link, since I would think that Gabriel Anrep would be a pretty reputable source? Anyway, I'm puzzled and was hoping someone might educate me a little. Thanks!!

Re: Tawast and Pictorius family link

Posted: 14 Jan 2013 4:13PM GMT
Hello! If you go to the site : www.familysearch.org,
Put in Beata Pictorius, select : any , Then select : all 8 results,
You will see two Eriks, one is Tawast, and, has a son Jacob Pontus born 1666 in Pietarsaari with Beata......the other is Tawastsjerna, and, they have a daughter named Christina...you can see why there has been confusion, is it bad record keeping? Who knows? I hope this helps.

Re: Tawast and Pictorius family link

Posted: 15 Jan 2013 4:08PM GMT
Thank you for your reply. I checked familysearch.org and it pretty much confirms the information that I have now. Apparently, Beata Pictorius and Beata Schultorius are the same person--her grandfather was an artist that did both paintings and sculptures, so they used both nick names. Her grandfather appears as Olof Målare, and when I put that name through Google translate, it translates to Olof "Painter". The individual that provided some of that information also said that some of the information provided by the famous genealogist and author, Gabriel Anrep, is sometimes wrong. But, in this case, he was correct.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions