Search for content in message boards

Blands of Blandville, Doddridge County, West Virginia

Blands of Blandville, Doddridge County, West Virginia

Posted: 22 Jan 2001 10:46AM GMT
Edited: 31 Oct 2001 6:28PM GMT
I can go back to my grandparents, Walter Guy Bland and Gracie Gay (Smith) Bland. They lived in Salem, Harrison County, West Virginia, but I think the great-grandparents came from Blandville, New Milton, Sedalia in Doddridge County, West Virginia

Re: Blands of Blandville, Doddridge County, West Virginia

Posted: 7 Mar 2009 9:33AM GMT
Classification: Query
My ggg grandmother was Perdilla Bland, the wife of John Nelson Bee. I am currently writing our family history and have very little about the Bland family. Would you be able to share any Bland History from the Doddridge Co. WV area. Thank you

Re: Blands of Blandville, Doddridge County, West Virginia

Posted: 8 Mar 2009 4:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi BiLL:

Charles L. Bland is the Historian of the Bland Family and the author of the Bland Book. In his book on Page 397 he indicates that Richard Bland (1789-1863) married Mary Jobes about 1812. Richard Bland was a Democrat but vote for William Henry Harrison for President because they were second cousins.

Richard Bland and Mary Jobes had a family of three sons and three daughters:

William J. Bland
Joseph Bland
Richard J. Bland
Perdilla Bland who married John Nelson Bee
Elsa Bland
Unknown name of girl Bland

It is believed that this Bland family comese from the Prince William Bland Family.

The Blamd Book can be found in many of the Libraries in the U.S. that has a good genealogy section. In his latest Bland Family newsletter Cousin Charles has listed over 50 places where his book can be found. Not knowing the area where you live it is difficult to tell you where this book can be found.

Bernie Bland of Springfield, VA

P.S. You might want to check out the Bland Heritage Foundation web-site.because they might have more information on this particular Bland Family
per page

Find a board about a specific topic