Search for content in message boards

Mintons of N.C.

Mintons of N.C.

Posted: 26 Dec 1999 6:27PM GMT
Edited: 30 Aug 2001 11:43PM GMT
My great-grandmother was Delila Minton. She was married to Frank Eller in Wilkes county or Watauga county.
I don't know how many childern they had only my grandmother whose name was Mary Etta Eller.

Minton''s

Gerald Minton (View posts)
Posted: 27 Dec 1999 5:35PM GMT
You need to put more information around Delila Minton such as birth and place of death. There are several people conducting research on the Minton's of Wilkes County. This is what I consider the western clan of North Carolina Mintons and they are still numerous in Wilkes County. Again, submit what you have on dates.
Gerald

Delila Minton

Posted: 28 Dec 1999 5:16PM GMT
Dear Gerald,
My grandmother was born in Feb.20,1869 but I don't know when my great grandmother was born. All I know is she married Frank Eller.
Betty

Delila Minton

Gerald Minton (View posts)
Posted: 29 Dec 1999 6:43AM GMT
The only connection that I have of Delila is in the 1850 Wilkes County census there is listed a Del Minton born 1836 to Alfred and Betsy Minton. I'm not sure if this is a male or female. The person doesn't show up in the 1860 census which leads me to beleive it was a female. Hope this has been helpful.

Minton Family in NC

Posted: 29 Jun 2000 10:17AM GMT
Edited: 3 Apr 2002 6:08PM GMT
I am a gatherer for the Eller family and I am so related to the Minton's it's scarry. I would be glad to assist with additional information.
Delila Faye MINTON married Rev. James Frank Eller, Jan 1, 1862. She is the g.granddaughter of Meredith MINTON b. abt. 1735, d. 1813, Wilkes County, NC. Preacher Frank Eller was my paternal g.g.grandfather. Of course my paternal grandmother was Leona Minton ELLER daughter of Purvis MINTON and Minerva Adelaide ELLER. See what I mean!!!

Ellers and Mintons

Posted: 29 Jun 2000 11:28AM GMT
Ben, My grandmother was Mary Eller. She married William Smith. She had a brother named Ben and Don. Her sisters were Cora and Annie. Maybe more children. I can't remember.
Her father was James Frank Eller and her mother was Delia Minton from Wilkes County,NC

Ellers of NC

Posted: 29 Jun 2000 11:34AM GMT
Ben, my Email address: bettyel@hotmail.com

N.C.Minton's

Posted: 21 Jul 2000 7:40AM GMT
Edited: 28 Jan 2002 8:02PM GMT
Does anyone have info on Meredith Minton b.about 1735,had a son James,who had a son Hugh. All born in wilkes,N.C. Hugh Minton is listed in Carter Co.,Tn.census in 1850.I would like to find more info on any of these Minton's.I believe they are Asa and Larkin's family but am unable to make the connection.Would appreciate any info.You may email me at jhnzi@earthlink.net Thanks,Shirley

Re: N.C.Minton's

Posted: 18 Jun 2005 4:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Jun 2005 4:42AM GMT
Just to give you a quick idea of your Minton family background
here in the US, it started with Meredith who was born about
1727-1735 and lived in Louden Co. Va who moved to Wilkes Co.,
N.C. on the Yadkin River. Just to give you a quick idea of your Minton family background
here in the US, it started with Meredith who was born about
1727-1735 and lived in Louden Co. Va who moved to Wilkes Co.,
N.C. on the Yadkin River. His son James was born in 1772 and
had a son William who was born about 1790-1799 who married
Hannah Summerlin and had a son Abraham in 1835. Abraham fought
in the Civil was as a Private in Co. H, 18th Infantry regiment
from North Carolina. He was wounded near Petersburg on
September 7, 1862. After that he had quite an interesting
military history of desertions and returns. (Many soldiers
would go home to plant and then return in the fall. Abraham
had a son Pinkney in 1871. Pinkney married Joann Banner. In
the 1900 census his occupation was listed as a stiller. Their
son was William Banner Minton born 1893 in Reddies River,
Wilkes Co., North Carolina, who came to Saltville by 1930 and
married Jennie Surber and had Lawrence Vernon August 22, 1914,
Willie Clay July 9, 1917, Joseph Warren March 6, 1921., Minnie
M.1924, Lissie E.misspelled in census and really Jessie E in
1925, and Lottie V. in 1927. In the 1930 census there was no
mention of Harley born December 10, 1918, James or Evelyn. In
Harley's case he might have been living with someone else
since he would of been 12, and James and Evelyn were probably
not born yet. Willie Clay had 7 children. Constance, Evelyn,
Ginger, Rose, Willie, David and Rhonda...if you would like more information...pelase
advise...and I'll provide what I can... I'd be interested to see if these names fit in
with your recollections.

Re: N.C.Minton's

Posted: 27 Apr 2009 2:51AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am in search of information about Sarah Katherine Lambert who married William S. Minton, I believe in Wilkes Co NC. I believe they married on The 25 of dec 1924 in Ashe co. NC. Sarah died june of 1946. I need more information about these people. Sarah was my great grandfather's sister and I am hoping to run her line in order to possible find information on their parents.

Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions